Sign in to follow this  

I just noticed as it happended in past 3 flights. No flight plan loaded and the weather is the same in all places... happens in North America, South America and Europe.I guess this means that flight plan has to be loaded... correct?Yet again I will face issues with TAT problem when clouds are reported below ground level...Any ideas?

Tom Link

Hi,No, you do not need a flight plan!If ASA and FS are communicating properly, you will get the current local weather in FS, with or without a plan.Does ASA recognize your current location in FS?Is the weather in FS automatically set to User Defined?

I suppose it does. 3 cases:1. KMIA - Lima, Peru. Same weather on both locations;2. KIAD - KLAX - today. 17 degrees in IAD and same in LAX :)3. LEPA - EPWA - I got 55 in EPWA which this time of year would be nice record breaking :)Now, how can I check if ASA get's my location? I am based in ELLX and everytime I start ASA I get the ELLX report. Then I start FS with ASA button. Maybe I should do something different?

Tom Link

Hi,On the ASA General Options tab is Automatic Downloads checked On?On the ASA Report screen, in the ID: box, is your current location in the box?On that same screen is Lock to Closest checked On?Yes, see if starting FS from it's own icon changes things.What operating system are you using?

Yes, all above are as you say. Current location = closest airport which is ELLX (10miles from where I live). When I start FSX I bet it stays the same. One thing I changed recently is... automatic downloads to 30minutes and dynamit rate of change to 1% (beats the wind changes).System = Vista64 4gigs RAM 2GHZ duo.

Tom Link

Hi,Start both AS and FS by right mouse clicking on their icons and Run......As Administrator.

I start ASA as admin, and FS thru ASA. So now I will try to do FSX as admin and we will see.Situation is a bit strange, because I am using ASA since month and just now saw this issue.

Tom Link

I was getting the same problem the other day, every airport i went to had the same weather, winds 225/0 etc etc.Up to that point i usually downloaded my weather from the historical section, but after encountering said problem decided to try automatic download and voia, no more problem.Every time i try to download from the historical section with automatic download off, i get the above problem.Andy

dynamit rate of change to 1% (beats the wind changes).
There was a separate thread about this - try it set to 50%.

Petraeus

Hi,Start both AS and FS by right mouse clicking on their icons and Run......As Administrator.
Strange things are happening. it was the same today, so I started to play with ASA. Some how i got the weather depticed but either dynamic rate of change spoils things or something else that I have no clue about. Could it be the automatic download which is set to 30 minutes instead of faster?

Tom Link

Hi,No, because most stations do not update but once an hour. ASA downloads worldwide data each time and has it ready for FS no matter where you go/fly. Dynamic Rate of Change has absolutely no influence on this.

I have changed the dynamic rate back to 100% and did get change in weather. In other case - 1% i had proper weather on the XGauge, and was overflying airport where the RC Wx update told me -4 at LEPA, which in fact was matching ELLX departure weather. Also if I click on the weather stations enroute all show ELLX departure weather. Lock to closest do not halp, I think that lock to FS position might helped.Any ideas? Any one else has the same? I admit that all was working perfect and suddenly stopped... :(And YES, ASA is connected to FSX :) Also all is run on admin level, FSX started thru ASA or alone, same effect.

Tom Link

Forgot to add that this happens while I am flying Level-D. Before i had Wilco product's and it was ok if I remember. Perhaps this is the problem? Could it be?

Tom Link

Hi,No, it is probably not your plane. What else FS-wise is running besides FS and ASA?

Radar Contact. I am totally lost in this case, especially that I see proper weahter on the x-gauge, I am over the airport, and see the correct weather on ASA pages and then when I go to FSX map I see sometging totally different - same weather in all locations. And sometimes when locked to the nearest is on it will never change as I fly along so I turn stick to FS position.

Tom Link