Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Flight Plan Question

I am still new to using RC and have only done 4 or so actuall flights with it and have a flight plan question. Last night I did KATL to KORD in the Level D 767 and a problem that has happened in my last flight happened again. THe problem is getting assigned a new squawk multiple times durring a flight. Last time it happened 2x and on the KATL-KORD it happened 3x, 1st when getting clearance and the 2 more times in the flight after contacting a new Center. Not a big issue as JD says that it does happen randomly but 3X ? My other issue was that after being told to decend to one one thousand I never got any more instructions to be vectored untill I was approx 80 miles past KORD. I did eventually get vectored back and heard other planes being told to contact something oceanic or something like that. I am wondering if the problems I am seeings are related to my flight plan I am using. I have been getting real world plans from flight aware and then use Sim Routes to make the plan in the FSX .PLN format. Are there any issues making plans that way with RC?Thanks, Jim

Jim Wenham

If you have the comms and did not acknowledge a command in RC4 that might stall things a bit. Any chance of that?Secondly fly with prerecorded chatter turned off. This reduces the load on RC. Keep Interact with AI on and AI Chatter on. If you have comms be sure I advise Tune on Contact be on as well. Check to insure that the comm frequency was OK.Be sure your FSUIPC and makerwys is up to date from the links at the forum head to insure RC knows where you are and where the airport is (always run the Scenery Rebuild that uses makerwys from within RC).Since RC can also use an FS9 formatted .pln file and it lets you browse for the .pln file try that FS9 plan as well to see if it makes any difference.You probably made your crossing restriction as you should have received delay vectors if you missed it. Try the flight again after checking these items and if you still have problems run the flight with a log as pinned at the forum head and submit it.

I am still new to using RC and have only done 4 or so actuall flights with it and have a flight plan question. Last night I did KATL to KORD in the Level D 767 and a problem that has happened in my last flight happened again. THe problem is getting assigned a new squawk multiple times durring a flight. Last time it happened 2x and on the KATL-KORD it happened 3x, 1st when getting clearance and the 2 more times in the flight after contacting a new Center. Not a big issue as JD says that it does happen randomly but 3X ? My other issue was that after being told to decend to one one thousand I never got any more instructions to be vectored untill I was approx 80 miles past KORD. I did eventually get vectored back and heard other planes being told to contact something oceanic or something like that. I am wondering if the problems I am seeings are related to my flight plan I am using. I have been getting real world plans from flight aware and then use Sim Routes to make the plan in the FSX .PLN format. Are there any issues making plans that way with RC?Thanks, Jim
my guess, and without a log, but it's a guess. 11thousand is your crossing restriction. you have to change your altimeter to the local pressure as you descend throug FL180. did you? if you aren't AT 11000, you're going to get a 90 degree vector left or right of your course. you will stay on the heading until you are at 11000. i'm guessing you never did.instead of taking real flight plans from the real world, take the tutuorials out of the manual, and fly them. that is why we did them, documented them, screen-shotted them, and highlighted different aspects of RC flights.most people who fly them, and read them at the same time, have a lot easier learning curve, than those who install, and start pressing keys.if you still are having a problem, make a log, details pinned to the top of the forum. duplicate the problem, zip up the log, and send it to me, with a brief explanation of what happened.jd

OK OK, I'll read the manual and do the tutorial flights. :( Thanks for the responses guys, I will post back after I follow your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Jim Wenham

Well after doing a few flights properly my issue appears to be that I was missing my crossing altitude as well as not checking my altimeter. When making sure of those 2 items I dont get the multiple squawk assignments and I am vectored in just fine. Thanks for getting me back on track.

Jim Wenham