Sign in to follow this  
buddy76

out of avaliable memory error md11

Hi can someone explain to me why i get out of memory error when i fly pmdg md 11? It happens if i have an addon airport such as fsdream kord, or light traffic. I just upgraded my video card to a evga gtx260 and new 650wpsu.Any help would be appriciated.my systemintel e6420 2.13gAsus p5ld2 mb4g ddr ramvista32bitIvano Poniz

Do a thorough search and you will find why...The OOM is a problem on 32 bit operating systems with FS9 and FSX and addons of a level of detail of the MD11, particularly with detailed addon scenery, as FSDT KORD is...You need to look into how you apply the 3Gb switch for your OS...Or switch to 64 bit...Andrew

HiIt is also the problem with 64bit OS, if You don't modify fs9.exe to use more then 2Gb.FS9 is a 32bit Application, so Memoryadressing is limited to 32bit.I'm using now 64 bit OS with fs9 modification and I don't have OOM but now I have more frequent g3d.dll error.As far as I understand this has nothing to do with a memory leak, but with the way Windows allocate memory, because in a moment I have this error my mem usage is far bellow 1gb.So, probably You will solve OOM but new problems will arrive.Hope that someday we will have same addons for Xplane because in that moment I will switch immediately to XPlane. Far more stable then fs2004.Edin

True, thanks for adding that... I often forget that FS9.exe's header needs to be altered to be able to run with more than 2Gb of allocated memory space...At least the FSX.exe in SP2/Acceleration has been altered already...I tracked a G3d.dll error I was having (just one possible cause of many) down to running 32 bit 1024X1024 REX/FS2004 cloud textures, in addition to the MD11, Scenery Germany 3 and 4, and EDDK GA2... The net total was enough to bust my graphics card's 512Mb I guess...:(So down to DXT3 I went, and so far, no issues... in FS9 that is... FSX runs fairly smoothly, all things being equal...Andrew

I've been running on XP64 for a while now using PMDG's stuff and have been getting OOM's lately. I just discovered yesterday that I had to modify the EXE. After building a new computer, the only reason I chose XP64 was to run the MD-11.Also, using FS9Robert