Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Autopilot voice command

Hello,as you know, 'Z' is the default FS key command for Autopilot On/Off.With FSUIPC I have assigned one button of my CH Product Yoke to this key press 'Z' (it's the button that comes under my left index when holding the yoke).And you know that in the Maddog you need to press one time to disengage autopilot, and then press a second time to reset the blinking alert.I haven't tried the voice command "Autopilot Off" yet, as every time I'm on final I always use my yoke button to disengage the autopilot. But is there someone who has tried to disengage the autopilot by voice command. How did you reset the blinking alert ? (the second press on 'Z').And the same for the Autothrottle OFF voice command.I have tried the Autopilot ON voice command (works good) but never for OFF :( So I will give it a try on my next flight.By the way, does anyone know the default key press in FSX to engage and disengage autothrottle ?I know that I can assign different key to different MD FCP commands with the load manager, but the fact is if I do so, when I load and use another aircraft (PMDG MD11 or 744), it will crash FSX involving "leonardosh.dll"... Some users have reported the CTD DLL stuff in the Leonardo Forum...

vpa055.png

If you ask the FO to turn off the autothrottle or autopilot, you need to press the corresponding keys to cancel the warnings. By default Z for autopilot and CTRL-R for autothrottle.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Guest Samuli

Sometimes I wonder if that order should even be removed. valid as well for A/T. :( I have seen nowhere someone ordering AP or AT disconnect. Normally you do it by yourselfSamuli

That's exactly what I thought. During all flight deck observation flight I did (due to my job), I've never seen the PF ordering to the PNF to set autopilot or autothrottle OFF. But, after disconnecting autopilot, the PF can ask to turn OFF Flight Director when doing a visual approach.

vpa055.png