Sign in to follow this  
AviationEnthusiast

RWY designator and more

Happy customer right here, however, I have a couple of questions..1) How do I change the rwy designator for TNCM from 09/27 to 10/28?2) How do I change/update i4.csv and n4.csv to AIRAC 1002?3) How do I add VHHX (Kai-Tak/FlyTampa scenery)? (scenery db rebuilt, still no luck)Thanks in advance(Order Number : U720473601)

Happy customer right here, however, I have a couple of questions..1) How do I change the rwy designator for TNCM from 09/27 to 10/28?2) How do I change/update i4.csv and n4.csv to AIRAC 1002?3) How do I add VHHX (Kai-Tak/FlyTampa scenery)? (scenery db rebuilt, still no luck)Thanks in advance(Order Number : U720473601)
1) has to be 10/28 in the scenery, you have to have the latest makerwys in the root directory of fs, and you have to click the rc rebuild scenery database2) it's not necessary. i pull the ils frequency and navaid data from the scenery files3) it's a scenery problem, may posts here on how to resolve scenery conflicts/sequence issues. jd

1) has to be 10/28 in the scenery, you have to have the latest makerwys in the root directory of fs, and you have to click the rc rebuild scenery database2) it's not necessary. i pull the ils frequency and navaid data from the scenery files3) it's a scenery problem, may posts here on how to resolve scenery conflicts/sequence issues. jd
Hi John,Thank you for the quick response.I've managed to solve the problem with VHHX. It was indeed a scenery related problem.Still cannot get RC4 to show 10/28 at TNCM though. What I've tried so far:1) Downloaded the latest makerwys from Dowson and replaced the older one in FS root.2) Replaced 09/27 with 10/28 (under TNCM only) in Runways.txt and runways.xml.Obviously the files above are merely just references created from another source file, however, I have no idea where to look. You mentioned something about scenery?

Hi John,Thank you for the quick response.I've managed to solve the problem with VHHX. It was indeed a scenery related problem.Still cannot get RC4 to show 10/28 at TNCM though. What I've tried so far:1) Downloaded the latest makerwys from Dowson and replaced the older one in FS root.2) Replaced 09/27 with 10/28 (under TNCM only) in Runways.txt and runways.xml.Obviously the files above are merely just references created from another source file, however, I have no idea where to look. You mentioned something about scenery?
the runways have to be changed in the scenery bgl file. changing them in the runways.txt and runways.xml files will not accomplish anything, and will be wiped out next time you click rebuild rc scenery database.the data goes like thisscenery.bgl -> makerwys -> rcchanging the runways anywhere but in the scenery files will break a number of things at that airport when you fly into and out of with rc.jd

i4 is an intersection database. Intersections are included in your plan file with ident and coordinates and placed there with your flight planner. n4 is a navaid database of VORs, etc. ILS/LLZ runways navaids are in the r4.csv file. As jd stated RC4 does not use i4 and n4. Runway and airport data is pulled from your scenery in r4.csvIn your FS root folder where makerwys.exe is located read MakeRwys ReadMe.txt. It describes what is in the various data files.Makerwys.txt is just a log file of what makerwys.exe processed in producing mainly the r4.csv file. Here you can see how TNCM was processed by looking for the last section regarding it. It will list in the section start where the afd file it last used was located. The last TNCM section has priority in producing the r4/r5 .csv file. Looking at it be sure it shows the correct scenery path and what results were produced for runways, parking, and taxipoints.I do not have the TNCM latest scenery from Fly-Tampa so I can't tell if it was processed correctly. Which version are you using and is it FS9 or FSX. Whatever folder it is in should have that last TNCM section listed as processed in the makerwys.txt log. (It does take a bit of time to load). Be sure the runways have been processed with correct physical and runway navaid data. Using Notepad you can look at r4.csv or r5.csv, whatever is in your FS folder, and search for TNCM. It should have a row for each runway. Do not let it open in Excel.a4.csv in the RC4/data folder is derived from r4.csv in the same folder. These files are copied and derived only when you run the scenery rebuild from RC. They will not get copied if you run makerwys.exe directly. With Notepad be sure a4.csv contains TNCM and its coordinates. Do not save any .csv file in Notepad without special instructions.If in VISTA or Win 7 be sure RC4.exe is set to run as an admin and in your FS folder do the same for makerwys.exe just in case.Runway renumbering in FS9 I am not sure is possible. AFCAD for FS9 does not do it correctly, nor I think in AFX. There is a new complex freeware editor that MIGHT do it and I think will do it in FSX. It is ADE9X and is available here:http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filemanager/...a9bf5fdf2d22377Be sure to get their tutorials. their support forum is at fsdeveloper.com and you need to register there (free).Modifying scenery can be checked in the AVSIM scenery forum. You probably will not get that kind of support here.While were are at it comm frequencies for airport areas are in the f4.csv files and in version 4 are not derived from scenery. They will be in RC5. In the meantime, you can use for each session to modify the frequencies in the controller tab of RC but they won't stick between sessions.If you wish to experiment with r4.csv in the RC4/data folder just changing the runway ID, I'm not sure what side effects it would have. You'd have to reedit it in Notepad each time you did the scenery rebuild. Runways are renumbered when the magnetic variation drifts over a certain amount of time and the "rounding" of the changed magnetic heading to get the ID changes. The proper and relatively safest way is to edit the scenery and not get involved. r4.csv besides the ident contains the magnetic heading plus the magnetic variation derived from the scenery and that may be used by RC to get the true course of the runway for its trigonometric calculations for distance, direction, etc., for vectoring. If you just want to edit the ident only then after making a backup copy then using only a text editor such as Notepad using the overwrite function by operating the Ins key change for each runway the second field as follows:0090, becomes 0100, and in the next row 0270, becomes 0280, and then save. You must use character substitution. You can also highlight with your mouse the numbers and type over them. It is critical not to disturb the blank characters and spacing of the fields. I don't think it is worth it since you have to repeat the process for each scenery rebuild.If you do this your are on your own responsibility just as with my comments on a scenery editor.If you corrupt this file just replace it with the backup you made. I'm not sure if RC will even start with a corrupted file so you could recover with a scenery rebuild.Finally, have you checked the Fly-Tampa web site for any updates?http://flytampa.org/downloads.htmlhttp://www.flytampa.org/forum/To possibly change the scenery:Airport Design Editor threads:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthrea...runway+renumber is relevant for FS9. Just refer to the runway number, not ILS ident change instructions.Backup the scenery .bgl files before any changes.Good luck.