Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CaptainT

Having Problems with Config manager

I read the read me file concerning the vc cockpit situation and followed the directions given to make sure I use the 747-8 config manager so the appropriate selection can be made but it seems like it has no effect. I select the 747-8i and 747-8 and hit the save and prompt tells me its been saved but when I get in FS and select a 747-8 the VC position is not correct. So far Ive temporarily bypassed it by hiting Shift+backspace and ctrl+enter to adjust seat postion but obviously I am still a little aggrevated the landing light positions are not correct. Any ideas fellas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Please sign your full name here. What is your OS?
Full name?? Shane Tillekeratne aka CaptainT.....Vista home premium 64 bit...

Shane, the nanny security features of Vista need to be turned off so the config manager can modify a config file. Try assigning admin rights to the pmdg folder and all subfolders. I've turned off the UAC and haven't had a problem with nanny since.

Shane, the nanny security features of Vista need to be turned off so the config manager can modify a config file. Try assigning admin rights to the pmdg folder and all subfolders. I've turned off the UAC and haven't had a problem with nanny since.
GOnna try that thanks!