Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toriu

FSX Reinstall

Just had to do a complete recovery on my computer and was surprised to find many files still there, many from FSX.In order to do a clean install of FSX how do I make sure all old FSX files are uninstalled? I seem to remember some sort of program that helps with this. Any help will be appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just had to do a complete recovery on my computer and was surprised to find many files still there, many from FSX.In order to do a clean install of FSX how do I make sure all old FSX files are uninstalled? I seem to remember some sort of program that helps with this. Any help will be appreciated.
You probably are thinking of the Rivo uninstaller:http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.htmlAn excellent program - but you should also manually look for any FSX related files and folders on your HD after the uninstall is completed. Some file and folders are created "after" the installation when you run FSX (or FS2004) and no un-installer is going to know about them. An example would be your FSX.cfg file which is not installed but which is created when you run FSX.Goof Luck!