Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cras

for those who don't like the pilot .wavs

I recently turned off the play pilot wavs and tune on contact options in RC4, so that I would have to do all the talking and tuning of the radios, and I have found two things that would make this even more realistic,One would be the ability to for RC to see the second comm radio, as when I fly on VATSIM I will have tower on the left with departure on the right, so when I get switched over, I just switch over to the right radio. In Radar Contact when I try to do this, I do not contact departure, and I have to do everything with just the one radio, which can add on to a workflow by quite a bit.Second would be a feature like this" if I get passed over to a new frequency, I press 7 to awknowledge ATC. Then I switch over to the new frequency. I then say my lines to the new freq. "Chicago Center, this is American Three Twenty-Three, with you at Flight Level Three Three Zero." This can take some time to say, and in the meantime, another AI plane may start talking to ATC while I am speaking, and this takes more time, and by the time I can finally press 1 to acknowledge ATC, I get yelled at by the controller on my first frequency. So my suggestion I guess would be if RC could allow me to hold down the 1 key while I am speaking to mimic that I am indeed using the frequency and not let an AI plane jump in, and when I release the 1 key, it sends the acknowledgement, and also not let a controller who is not even on my freqency anymore yell at me for taking too long.I hope I made my idea clear.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I recently turned off the play pilot wavs and tune on contact options in RC4, so that I would have to do all the talking and tuning of the radios, and I have found two things that would make this even more realistic,One would be the ability to for RC to see the second comm radio, as when I fly on VATSIM I will have tower on the left with departure on the right, so when I get switched over, I just switch over to the right radio. In Radar Contact when I try to do this, I do not contact departure, and I have to do everything with just the one radio, which can add on to a workflow by quite a bit.Second would be a feature like this" if I get passed over to a new frequency, I press 7 to awknowledge ATC. Then I switch over to the new frequency. I then say my lines to the new freq. "Chicago Center, this is American Three Twenty-Three, with you at Flight Level Three Three Zero." This can take some time to say, and in the meantime, another AI plane may start talking to ATC while I am speaking, and this takes more time, and by the time I can finally press 1 to acknowledge ATC, I get yelled at by the controller on my first frequency. So my suggestion I guess would be if RC could allow me to hold down the 1 key while I am speaking to mimic that I am indeed using the frequency and not let an AI plane jump in, and when I release the 1 key, it sends the acknowledgement, and also not let a controller who is not even on my freqency anymore yell at me for taking too long.I hope I made my idea clear.
good points.