Sign in to follow this  
strider

"Ghost in the Machine"?

For the last 2 months I've had some very strange FS9 behavior...the AP will just shut down for no known (to me) reason. At first I thought it was restricted to the CS Legendary (in who's mind??) C-130. Then it seemed to be around Haiti. Now I'm not too sure, I've had the AP/Avionics shut down in the CS C-130 and the Feelthere Caravan. My thought that it was only around Haiti (scenery?) got blown out by my current flight in Venezuela in the CS C-130...I was reaching cruise altitude and the AP just shut down. I had to "Shift+A" to get the avionics back up and running...very weird!Anybody ever heard of or experienced this weirdness before??

Guest deltaflight
For the last 2 months I've had some very strange FS9 behavior...the AP will just shut down for no known (to me) reason. At first I thought it was restricted to the CS Legendary (in who's mind??) C-130. Then it seemed to be around Haiti. Now I'm not too sure, I've had the AP/Avionics shut down in the CS C-130 and the Feelthere Caravan. My thought that it was only around Haiti (scenery?) got blown out by my current flight in Venezuela in the CS C-130...I was reaching cruise altitude and the AP just shut down. I had to "Shift+A" to get the avionics back up and running...very weird!Anybody ever heard of or experienced this weirdness before??
Coo-Coo

Yes, I have - It may be a "dead battery" situation.Please check this file for a description of the potential "cause" and the solution.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=80761Hope that is indeed your problem and the solution works for you.

At the expense of starting a new topic, I have the opposite problem and wondering if someone can give me a hand.My default flight is saved in default cessna, cold and dark. However, sometimes if I load up a new flight, keeping the default cessna or switching to another aircraft, the power and avionics turn on by themselves after a few minutes, even with the battery and avionics switches in the off position, and there is no way to turn the power off. Has anyone experienced this?

At the expense of starting a new topic, I have the opposite problem and wondering if someone can give me a hand.My default flight is saved in default cessna, cold and dark. However, sometimes if I load up a new flight, keeping the default cessna or switching to another aircraft, the power and avionics turn on by themselves after a few minutes, even with the battery and avionics switches in the off position, and there is no way to turn the power off. Has anyone experienced this?
Do you have a registered copy of FSUIPC with the "electrical always available" (or words to that effect) invoked perhaps?

Do you have a registered copy of FSUIPC with the "electrical always available" (or words to that effect) invoked perhaps?
I do have FSUIPC with the "magic battery" option turned on, David.I looked at your "dead battery" fix, and have altered my default flight as you suggested but I'm not sure this will answer the problem...1. my default FS9 flight has remained the same for many years, but this problem is very recent?2. My default flight is "Cold & Dark" (has been for ever) and I always turn on the aircraft's battery as a first move.3. This doesn't happen every flight or in every aircraft.4. the Caravan and C-130 suffer differently...the Caravan shuts down completely...including the engine. The C-130 just seems to shut down the AP.That being said I will certainly attempt a few flights to see if your suggestion helps. I know that different addons behave differently. I must always hit "Shift+M" in the PSS 757 and 777, for example, or I have no radio...even though everything needed is turned on.

David, so far your suggestion in "Tips & Tricks" of turning on the battery in the default FS9 flight seems to be working...although I can't explain why as I stated earlier. It wouldn't be the first time that a weird FS9 idiosyncracy caught me by surprise :( . I have yet to repeat the exact flights which exhibited the weird avionics and/or AP shutdowns but will let you know how that goes.Thanks!!

Nope, I was in denial, apparently. The CS legendary C-130 just did it again for no apparent reason. Had to hit "SHIFT+A" to get the AP powered back up and connected. Interestingly, none of my other avionic equipment appears to actually turn off when this happens? As previously mentioned, it only happens once per flight and usually closer to the beginning. S-I-G-H!, another wonderful CS product, perhaps?