Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

updating to os64 bit system

Mad Dog,You say you can download an e-mail client to work with Windows7? Which one. I scanned the Internet and found a few posts that claimed that Windows Mail would work with 7. I downloaded Windows Mail and it did not work under the 64-bit OS. There were a number of steps described but they didn't work either. I'm having to use a separate computer for my e-mail and I would really like to find a client that would work (other than Live).As for the games - I tried using a number of the standard Vista-version games from my other computers and none of them worked. If you have games what is the secret please?ThanksfbHelloI use Barca a truly great email client on both W764 and XP64 its 32bit but works finepretty much all the good email clients , thunderbird from mozilla for instance will workhttp://www.pocosystems.com/home/index.php?...9&Itemid=27

As for the games - I tried using a number of the standard Vista-version games from my other computers and none of them worked. If you have games what is the secret please?
Actually all those games, Spider Solitaire, Hearst, Chesss, FreeCell, etc... are in Windows 7 and you don't have to download them. Go to "Turn Windows features on or off" in control panel. Navigate to "Games" and put a check mark in the ones you want access to.Ron

Mad Dog,Hey, thanks for the input. I'll check the Barca client.fb

Actually all those games, Spider Solitaire, Hearst, Chesss, FreeCell, etc... are in Windows 7 and you don't have to download them. Go to "Turn Windows features on or off" in control panel. Navigate to "Games" and put a check mark in the ones you want access to.Ron
rhagen,I have a feeling this is one of those "if it had been a snake it would have bitten me" kind of moments. I didn't see that particular function switch. Thanks for the response. I missed my "games" on this machine. :( fb