Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Go Flight MCP locking up/ disconecting frequently

I seem to be having a problem with my MCP autopilot disconecting locking up while in use. I am trying to use it in conjuction with Feel There's ERJv2 which offers support for the module but while using the unit everything seems to be working fine and then it just freezes. The displays lock and the knobs on the panel have no affect on the aircraft. It's as if the FSX data bridge.exe has stopped working or the USB cord was unplugged but the unit is still getting power and is plugged directly into the back of my CPU not via a hub.My other modules GF166's and RP48 continue to function properly even when the MCP fails.Any ideas or suggestions?I have the unit plugged directly into a USB port on my motherboard and have tried two versions of the GO Flight drivers/software to no avail.I tried posting at the Go Flight web forum but that site is a ghostown, looks like I may have to call them directly, but maybe someone else has had a similar problem?Robert

RE Thomason Jr.

I seem to be having a problem with my MCP autopilot disconecting locking up while in use. I am trying to use it in conjuction with Feel There's ERJv2 which offers support for the module but while using the unit everything seems to be working fine and then it just freezes. The displays lock and the knobs on the panel have no affect on the aircraft. It's as if the FSX data bridge.exe has stopped working or the USB cord was unplugged but the unit is still getting power and is plugged directly into the back of my CPU not via a hub.My other modules GF166's and RP48 continue to function properly even when the MCP fails.Any ideas or suggestions?I have the unit plugged directly into a USB port on my motherboard and have tried two versions of the GO Flight drivers/software to no avail.I tried posting at the Go Flight web forum but that site is a ghostown, looks like I may have to call them directly, but maybe someone else has had a similar problem?Robert
HelloI have a few Goflight units and they are picky when it comes to USB2 hubs and portsI run my units from Belkin F5U021 USB 1.1 hubs and have no problems, but USB2 hubs drove me crazy for a whilethere is a list of recommended hubs on the Goflight site.Belkin F5U021 work fine.Another thing to try is to download USBdeview from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html and delete all the USB entries it finds then reboot and let windows rebuild the list.My GF-166 for some reason does not like being on the same hub as my GF MCP adv AP so it shares a hub with the RP48

I have many goflight modules as well. I have had at least 2 situations similar to this. In both cases, I replaced the USB cable, and the problem went away. Somewhere to start anyways. One way to see if it is the cable is to swap cables with another goflight module, and see if the issue follows the cable (the other unit shows the same symptoms).-m@

Alright thanks for the help, I'll look into the USB as the potential culprit and report back as I learn more. It's funny though because it does not seem to display this behavior with the default 737 but must admit I don't fly default aircraft, nor have I tested it long enough on the 737 to be certain, but I will.Thanks,Robert

RE Thomason Jr.