Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Flight1 ATR navdata update

HiI found the terminal procedures by chance. Great service!I have several payware a/c including the PMDG B737 and the Flight1 ATR.I downloaded and installed the latest terminal procedures. The install wizard chose the fs9 root location, so I assumed all the stuff will go into the correct folders.Anyways,I tried flying with the ATR, but as soon as I tried to load a saved route into the FMC, I got an error message that fs9 needs to restart. I tried several more times, (with or without FS2Crew), but the errors continued.I thought, therefore that a similar thing would happen if I use the PMDG 737 FMC, but that was fine- no error.I looked into the fs9 root directory under Flight Software/ATR Navdata folder, and there are SIDS and STARS folders, and a backup folder.So two questions:1. Is the ATR induced error caused by the navdata update?2. If that's the case, how do I roll back to the original data?Eytan OrnsteinIntel Core2 4400 2GHZGeForce 8600GT 256MB2GB RAMWindows XP with SP3FS 9.1

HiI found the terminal procedures by chance. Great service!I have several payware a/c including the PMDG B737 and the Flight1 ATR.I downloaded and installed the latest terminal procedures. The install wizard chose the fs9 root location, so I assumed all the stuff will go into the correct folders.Anyways,I tried flying with the ATR, but as soon as I tried to load a saved route into the FMC, I got an error message that fs9 needs to restart. I tried several more times, (with or without FS2Crew), but the errors continued.I thought, therefore that a similar thing would happen if I use the PMDG 737 FMC, but that was fine- no error.I looked into the fs9 root directory under Flight Software/ATR Navdata folder, and there are SIDS and STARS folders, and a backup folder.So two questions:1. Is the ATR induced error caused by the navdata update?2. If that's the case, how do I roll back to the original data?Eytan OrnsteinIntel Core2 4400 2GHZGeForce 8600GT 256MB2GB RAMWindows XP with SP3FS 9.1
Since you are loading a saved plan there is the possibility that some of the data within the plan is not included in the new update, hence FS9 crashes.For example a fix might have been deleted in the update and your plan is using it.

So how do I return to the point before I installed the update?BTW, The same thing now happens with the PMDG 737.Eytan

Guest staang

Hi Eytan,The update only installs SIDs and STARs in the SID and STAR folders. They are removed by deleting those files in the \Flight One Software\Flight One ATR 72-500\NavData\SID and \Flight One Software\Flight One ATR 72-500\NavData\STAR folders. Then you reinstall the backup you made prior to installing the update. If you did not make a backup then reinstalling the ATR 72 will put everything back to factory fresh.It is odd that the PMDG aircraft worked initially but then suddenly stops functioning. Usually that indicates something changed with the plane. Did you perhaps download a flightplan for PMDG or some other terminal procedures or some accessory? What error message do you get and at what point does it appear? Does it happen at all airports? Again the same procedure as above should work as a fix. If you would like to troubleshoot your problems please email me. Address is on my site and in the read this first file installed with the terminal procedures.RegardsTerry

Guest 413X3

I had this problem a long time ago and fixed it by first loading a default airplane, then go up to the in game menu and selected the flight1 atr