Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pccitgo

Advanced Tutorial and Radar Contact

I have placed the included files in their correct places and set about doing the tutorial. I see it mentions radar vectoring and, as I have RC ver 4.3, I set about loading the required info into that. However where Radar Contact asks for the .PLN file I come unstuck. I only have a .RTE file. Is there some way to obtain a .PLN file for the tutorial?Many Thanks,Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The tutorial isn't asking you to use an ATC addon, it's providing mock ATC commands written into the tutorial for you to follow.

Peter,you do have the list of waypoints in the nav log. Using any flight planning tool that can output the .PLN file you can generate your own flight plan file with these waypoints. Like FSBuild or even the included flight planner from Microsoft.However be aware that any ATC tool will not vector you the same way as I did in the document, you should not use any ATC programme if you fly this the first time.Regards,Markus

Peter,you do have the list of waypoints in the nav log. Using any flight planning tool that can output the .PLN file you can generate your own flight plan file with these waypoints. Like FSBuild or even the included flight planner from Microsoft.However be aware that any ATC tool will not vector you the same way as I did in the document, you should not use any ATC programme if you fly this the first time.Regards,Markus
Many thanks for the info. I did not realise that ATC instructions would be included. From memory I have been able to make up flight plans using web based sites that will take a real life flight plan and turn out a FSX usuable .pln file. Not sure about converting that to a .rte file yet but I sure there will a post on this site that explains how.I am just getting back into flight simming after a longer than expected break from it.Cheers,Peter