Sign in to follow this  
gateway

JS4100 Weather Radar Dummy Screen

:( JS4100 Weather Radar Blank.Like a lot of people who bought the JS4100, there is no working WXR. So instead of buying more SW I decided to have a go of placing some thing on the blank Honeywell screen when DC power is applied. Its not as good of course as the working Radar, but its to me a lot better than flying the plane with a blank screen. See screen grab of cockpitnew.jpg.I run my system on a 19" screen, so max resolution for me is 1280x1024x32 bit, Vista 64 bit OS with a GF9800GT 1G RAM card, Q6600 2.4G quad core & 4GRAM @ 1333 MHz.You need to amend the panel folder's of the JS4100, by adding these lines to the 3 CFG files to start with. Backup original ones some where safe, just in case some thing goes wrong, etc.1.In panel.CFG & panel_HIDEF.CFG scroll down to the VC SECTION 2 & do as below. //gauge04=rxpWX500!RDR, 532, 528, 472, 331gauge04=cwxr!cwxr_bgnd, 514, 508, 522, 360 2.I have modified the panel.LODEF, but I do not use in low resolution, so have not tried fully. May need some pixel changes to the first 2 sets of numbers for x,y.//gauge04=rxpWX500!RDR, 266, 264, 236, 166gauge04=cwxr!cwxr_bgnd, 266, 264, 236, 1663.Make a folder in panel folder of JS4100, name it cwxr4.Inside this cwxr folder add 2 files scrn_bgnd.bmp & cwxr_bgnd.xml5.As it seems I can't up load the XML or BMP files.This is the code for the XML file<Gauge Name="cwxr_bgnd" Version="A"> <Image Name="scrn_bgnd.bmp" ImageSizes="600,391"/></Gauge>Make a BMP picture from paint of my pattern shown (cockpitnew.jpg) size 600x391 256 colours.Run FSX JS4100 & when you switch on either DC power switches, you will see the view as my screen grab.I am working on a moving dummy weather pattern at present, that is based on a repeated pattern, not great, but when or if I get more time, who knows. See screen grab of pattern.jpg. It works when DC power applied. scrolls from top to bottom, takes about 65 seconds then repeats.Cheers.................

I have added a JPG version of the scrn_bgnd file I could not send sent this morning, see attached. Convert to 256 colours in BMP format or redraw in paint size 600x391.Cheers .............

Many, many thanks.I haven't tested it, but I will!The idea is brilliant!nice, to see how godd addons get better... :(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Works perfect, also for LODEF!Thank you!

Guenter Steiner

Works perfect, also for LODEF!Thank you!
Guenseli,Very pleased you tried the LODEF & that it works okay.I did a bit more work with the scrn_bgnd.bmp file, I have attached as a jpg. It now shows a grid & more, use it if you wish.Cheers ...................

Thanks a lot... I have built a special fan edition...hope you enjoy :( j41specialwxr.jpg

Guenter Steiner

So, it's not real full working WXR and static image only?
not really... the first two pictures are static.The last (the a really excited user edition) is animated, smiles and talks to you and give you good advices how to fly this beautiful aircraft! :(

Guenter Steiner

Thank you for your reply. It's a pity that it is not working radar, integrated from RealitiXP :(

It's a pity that it is not working radar, integrated from RealitiXP
You can buy the Reality XP and integrate it easily...

Guenter Steiner

Integrate it in WX screen of BAe with the ability to directly control? (not as additional gauge with hidden clickspot menu zone)

Maybe this thread helps or search for "radar" in this forum....This is a well discussed theme...

Guenter Steiner

not really... the first two pictures are static.The last (the a really excited user edition) is animated, smiles and talks to you and give you good advices how to fly this beautiful aircraft! :(
I have made a short video of the static WXR image I created to fit the default blank screen, now at v2.2. If you wish to view follow link to youtube.I whole idea of this was that not every one wants to spend additional money on addon SW, so I just did this to please myself & fill in the blank on the WXR screen.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJKTZCcwudECheers ...........................