Sign in to follow this  
tangerine

Enb series + FPS Limiter

Hello there...i asked this question in an old thread...but since i didnt get a response..i'll try here again.Is there any way to use the FPS Limiter along with ENB Series?.Thx in advance.
I don't use the ENB series right now, but I've used it for quite some time together with the Limiter... Never had a problem with it. Do you just want to know if it is possible of are you having a problem getting them to work together?

I don't use the ENB series right now, but I've used it for quite some time together with the Limiter... Never had a problem with it. Do you just want to know if it is possible of are you having a problem getting them to work together?
They work beautifully together. You should have no problems.

Ryan Kelly

Hello there...i asked this question in an old thread...but since i didnt get a response..i'll try here again.Is there any way to use the FPS Limiter along with ENB Series?.Thx in advance.
Yep, also here, no problem whatsoever.

Here's what i do... i put both files on my FSX root folder...start the FSX from fsx.exe.limited, and the FPS doesn't stay at 30FPS which is the value i set on fpslimiter.I know this 'cause it bounces from 30 to 60 all the time.
First of all, the limiter files don't have to be placed into the FSX folder (the ENB files do have to be placed there): you just have to make sure the bat file contains the right path to FSX. I do suppose you are using the bat file to start FSX? Could you post the content of that bat file here? Did you use the limiter gui to set the limiter? Or did you manually edit the bat file?

First of all, the limiter files don't have to be placed into the FSX folder (the ENB files do have to be placed there): you just have to make sure the bat file contains the right path to FSX. I do suppose you are using the bat file to start FSX? Could you post the content of that bat file here? Did you use the limiter gui to set the limiter? Or did you manually edit the bat file?
When i said "both files" i was talking about enbseries.ini and d3d9.dll...those files are going into FSX root folder.As i said before...fsx.exe.limited works perfect w/o the bloom effect...so it's not a path problem.Yes...i used the limiter GUI to set my limit to 30 FPS.Here's how it looks my .bat
start C:\"fpslimiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "C:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

O, sorry, I misunderstood that about those files. ;)Do you have the problem with the limiter at once, so directly after loading a flight? I noticed not too long ago that the limiter (sometimes) stops working correctly after accessing the menu during a flight. I can't recall exactly when this happens, but I think it happened when changing preferences or loading another aircraft... or maybe after accessing the menu a few times. I'd have to check that on my FSX machine, but maybe it's got something to do with that. If the limiter doesn't work immediately, I don't know what's wrong...