Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

SID STAR

Hi People,I just had to install everything again on my new computer and forgot how it get the newest SID STAR to work in the FMS. If i look in the folder of FS9/PMDG/SIDSTAR all files are from 2010. When i go e.g. to KORD and put in a DEPT runway no SID are appearing.Please adviseMArek

Hi People,I just had to install everything again on my new computer and forgot how it get the newest SID STAR to work in the FMS. If i look in the folder of FS9/PMDG/SIDSTAR all files are from 2010. When i go e.g. to KORD and put in a DEPT runway no SID are appearing.Please adviseMArek
Hello MArek, Please sign your posts with your full real name per forum rules, thanks (or add it to your sig, like most of us).Are you installing them from the PMDG option when installing the 747? Or are you installing your Navigraph FMC data?Also, if you are doing the second option (The one you should be doing), then if using Vista/Win7 you might want to run the installer as Admin if you installed to the default C:\Program Files (x86) folder.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello MArek, Please sign your posts with your full real name per forum rules, thanks (or add it to your sig, like most of us).Are you installing them from the PMDG option when installing the 747? Or are you installing your Navigraph FMC data?Also, if you are doing the second option (The one you should be doing), then if using Vista/Win7 you might want to run the installer as Admin if you installed to the default C:\Program Files (x86) folder.Hope this helps,
Hi,Dont understand this - i downloaded it from navigraph FMC and executed it.MArek EHRLICH from LOWWFurthermore, i have an issue with the view of the plane from outside - i can only see it from the left or right back - if i press 7 or 9 in the numb pad - it wont move so see the plane from the right or left front.Thanks Marek

KORD has only one SID called the ORD4 which is a vector departure that does not appear in the FMC because it's all based on ATC vectors after takeoff. That's likely why you're not seeing anything at that particular airport.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

MArek EHRLICH from LOWW
Well hello there "MArek EHRLICH from LOWW", Just to first let you know, I do not work for PMDG and am (was) trying to help. I read your reply with a bit of attitude since the way you chose to answer and normally don't bother replying to even the slightest bit of possible babyism, let alone the fact that personally I hate when people use the :( face to their posts, to me it is very immature.As far as your issues, you need to supply more information then just, I have a problem someone help... Some examples:
Dont understand this
What don't you understand? Which part? Should I read your thoughts on this? Or perhaps you can answer with a couple of possible clues.
Furthermore, i have an issue with the view of the plane from outside - i can only see it from the left or right back - if i press 7 or 9 in the numb pad
Do you also own the new -8i expansion? This sounds close to the problem people have when not using the configuration manager but I need to ask that 1st.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Well hello there "MArek EHRLICH from LOWW", Just to first let you know, I do not work for PMDG and am (was) trying to help. I read your reply with a bit of attitude since the way you chose to answer and normally don't bother replying to even the slightest bit of possible babyism, let alone the fact that personally I hate when people use the :( face to their posts, to me it is very immature.As far as your issues, you need to supply more information then just, I have a problem someone help... Some examples:What don't you understand? Which part? Should I read your thoughts on this? Or perhaps you can answer with a couple of possible clues.Do you also own the new -8i expansion? This sounds close to the problem people have when not using the configuration manager but I need to ask that 1st.
To straigten thing sout here - i am a cardiac surgeon with a passion of FS flying. What that means is that i try to install all these programs and add-ons but generaly i have NO clue about computer hard or software. So if you are referring to some Admin managers that needs to be run you really bhave to tell me step by step what i shoud do. I am sorry for saying so but it is really hard for me to do these things. E.g i really dont know what you mean with this -8i expansion. I dwonloaded the PMDG, and have now some issue with the outside view. Only left back and right back will work. So if you can advise it would be very halpful.With the SID STAR - i only have this one SID in the FMS and really dont know how to get all SID STARS to work.Thanks in advanceMArek EHRLICH

The -8i is a new product sold separately from the 747-400 but works with it. It is a different model. The -8 means it is a 747-8 rather than a 747-400. Since you don't have that also, then what I was thinking was not the issue I thought it might be. As Ryan pointed out below, that airport only has one sid associated with it, so it isn't a problem. I'm not sure on the view. The only thing that comes to mind is to reset you view by pressing the "Control and Space Bar" at the same time for the cockpit view, to reset the zoom magnification you would press the "Backspace" key.I'm not sure anything else that might help with the views from what I've read so far, but hope this might help. If not maybe someone else will come by soon enough and shed some more light on it.

Dan Prunier

The -8i is a new product sold separately from the 747-400 but works with it. It is a different model. The -8 means it is a 747-8 rather than a 747-400. Since you don't have that also, then what I was thinking was not the issue I thought it might be. As Ryan pointed out below, that airport only has one sid associated with it, so it isn't a problem. I'm not sure on the view. The only thing that comes to mind is to reset you view by pressing the "Control and Space Bar" at the same time for the cockpit view, to reset the zoom magnification you would press the "Backspace" key.I'm not sure anything else that might help with the views from what I've read so far, but hope this might help. If not maybe someone else will come by soon enough and shed some more light on it.
What strikes me is the fact - if i look in the FS9/PMDG/SIDSTAR folder all the ICAO airport files are fom 2010 - i would assume that thez have the latest SID STARS (all of them ) available. I also went to the NAVDATA page where you can download airports one by one. Shall i do that and replace the exiciting files with the one from the NAVData although they seem older.Marek EHRLICH

Marek,Did you actually read what I posted earlier in this thread? Chicago O'Hare only has one SID in the real world and it is an ATC vector departure that relies on controllers actually telling the pilot what to do, not on the FMC following an LNAV route.Here are all the charts for KORD:http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KORD/proceduresAs you can see, there's one "DP" ("departure procedure", the US name for a SID), the O'Hare 4 (ORD4) - if you pull up the chart you can see it just says to expect ATC vectors - there's nothing for the plane to do. When using such a departure, you want to start your route in the FMC with the transition point and then go from there.Try putting your plane at KPHX Runway 26 - that's where I'm from and there's a lot of SIDs here. If you don't see any there, then there might actually a problem, let me know.ALSO - what do you mean about downloading individual airports? The page you should be on for navdata is here:http://www.navigraph.com/www/fmsdata.asp

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

ALSO - what do you mean about downloading individual airports?
He was referring to the Steffans old site, navdata. Marek, do not use procedures from navdata. They have not been updated for pmdg since navigraph started providing the service. See also the sidstar article in the pmdg kb here - oops, it didn't make it from the wiki to the kb. Sorry.Anyway, get your airac and sidstars (navdata) from navigraph now. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well maybe this is the reason why i only see one SID at Ohare but before i used it (3 years) each runway had several once which you could download. Still having this problem with the external view that i cant see the plane from left or right or middle front as well from the side. What shall i do with this problem. Shall i erase PMDG and reinstall it ?

I'm not even sure what you mean about the external view stuff. Can you clarify what you're trying to do?O'Hare most definitely only has one SID in real life, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Mark, as Ryan said, KORD has never had standard departure routes. Ever. However, if you by chance had gotten ahold of a customized sidstar for KORD such as in my collection then yes, you would have departure routes for each runway and the departure names would be like BAE.NOATC. Let's see a screen shot of what you are trying to describe about the external views.I suggest you had a signature block so every post has your name.

Dan Downs KCRP

how do i do screenshots - is there a special program for that ?Marek EHRLICH from LOWW
When you want to do a screenshot, press "Printscreen" then exit flight sim (or you could also set it to window mode by pressing "Alt + Enter"), then open up Paint from the windows start menu, then programs, then accessories, then Paint (If using windows 7, just type in "Paint" into the search field after clicking the windows button). Press CTRL+V to paste your image. Now go to "File" and choose "Save As" and save as jpg (or jpeg), then you can attach it to your message via the upload button.The alternate way is to press V on the keyboard and the screenshots will be stored in your Flightsim pictures folder, but the way I described is better since it works for everything and the pictures stored with the V key will need to have the file type changed most likely since they will be huge in size.

Dan Prunier