Sign in to follow this  
Guest beasteye

Fatal Error

Guest beasteye

!!!!!Ok so when i fly around i suddenly get a Fatal Error and FSX restarts itself. I got a brand new computer aswell with Windows 7.I Bought brand new Disc's FSX deluxe edition to be precise.System:Intel I7 920 @2.67GHzRam 6,00GBRadeon HD Sapphire 4890Windows 7 64BiteMicrosoft Acceleration Expansion packReally dont know what is happening and the Computer should be able to run FSX without problems!Ive REinstalled it once now, and i got no Add-ons installed Deleted my FSX.cfg but still nothingAny ideas im about to give up now.. :,(Know this post looks a bit messed up but just ask and ill try and be more specific, if it needs be.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Hi,It could be some fault in your fsx scenery that your computer is allergic to. Try to lower your settings and start from a different area with a different time and airplane and see what happens. You should be able to run with hugely complicated scenery and good payware aircraft, so not to worry, but maybe try this once just to see.

Try going to event viewer (you can type that in help to make it easy to find) and find out what the faulting module is. Hopefully it is something helpful instead of just a ntdll or similar type error.

Could also try to run Memtest (free download), it will test the performance of your RAM modules. May be a hardware issue you got there, had similar problem on previous rig, I suffered an incompatibility issue with board and RAMs, had to downclock my RAMs for it to work when running high end games like FSX. MSI went very quietly about their somewhat restricted list of compatible RAM-brands and sub-types (for that particular board at least), other manufacturers probably are too. But list of compatible RAM

Guest beasteye
Could also try to run Memtest (free download), it will test the performance of your RAM modules. May be a hardware issue you got there, had similar problem on previous rig, I suffered an incompatibility issue with board and RAMs, had to downclock my RAMs for it to work when running high end games like FSX. MSI went very quietly about their somewhat restricted list of compatible RAM-brands and sub-types (for that particular board at least), other manufacturers probably are too. But list of compatible RAM

Guest firehawk44
So if youre right im not able to run FSX with high settings :S?
You stated you deleted the fsx.cfg and it still did not fix things. Did you try running the sim without moving all the sliders up to max? If not, try running FSX at the default settings and see if that fixes the problem. If so, it means your FSX settings are too high.Also, did you o/c anything? I have heard people having issues running FSX and their system was o/c'd too much or not properly. Just a thought...Best regards,Jim

Guest beasteye

Think i have actually solved it now, Crossing fingers. Been flying quite a while now and so far no error.what i did was set the Graphics sliders a tinzy bit down and i actually gave my system a litte OC.Dont know why i got the error still..Thx Again Guys for all the help and support!