Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

major problem with windows 7

hi,It seems that there is a major sound problem with windows 7. I bought a laptop PC and the sound was awful; random crackling noise while playing music. The retailer gave me another one: same problem. I updated the sound card drivers; same problem. I searched the net for help and found out that the crackling sound is a widespread issue. It is definetly windows 7 related.Read this:http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/223...popping-33.htmlAlready 33 pages on the windows 7 forum The microsoft nightmare is back :(

Guest firehawk44
hi,It seems that there is a major sound problem with windows 7. I bought a laptop PC and the sound was awful; random crackling noise while playing music. The retailer gave me another one: same problem. I updated the sound card drivers; same problem. I searched the net for help and found out that the crackling sound is a widespread issue. It is definetly windows 7 related.Read this:http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/223...popping-33.htmlAlready 33 pages on the windows 7 forum The microsoft nightmare is back :(
I have Windows 7 installed on a desktop and laptop and do not have crackling sound problem. I have the SB X-Fi card running on Beta drivers. But I know how frustrating it can be when problems like yours develop. If there are no issues for me and many others on this forum, how can you say it's definitely Windows 7 related? Wouldn't we all be having this issue? In any case, I hope it's fixed soon for you.Best regards,Jim

I have Windows 7 installed on a desktop and laptop and do not have crackling sound problem. I have the SB X-Fi card running on Beta drivers. But I know how frustrating it can be when problems like yours develop. If there are no issues for me and many others on this forum, how can you say it's definitely Windows 7 related? Wouldn't we all be having this issue? In any case, I hope it's fixed soon for you.Best regards,Jim
Hi, Thank you for your reply.After 33 pages the conclusion that everybody has reached is; (quote)The only common link for all of us has been that Windows 7 is the OS used.It does not mean that every computer that has windows 7 installed has the problem though.The fact is that this problem appears with different sound cards, different motherboard, different computer brands, etc, even on homebuilt computers...That is disturbing and puzzling to say the least.

Guest jckkeith

I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong here. I have downloaded a Windows 7 (x64) ISO from Microsoft, twice. Burned them into a blank DVD once in Mac and the other time in a PC and none of them worked. Then I lost my patience and asked in my college so they would burn the DVD to me properly (it's not piracy, my college provides the burned ISO and then a original serial number for each student). The thing is, after Boot Camp has sucessfully created a Windows partition, I insert the DVD (third time with another different DVD) and Star installation. The Mac is rebooted and freezes in a blank (white) screen for several minutes. I need then to reboot myself and restart pressing Alt to boot in Mac OS X. I don't think is a media problem any longer, so I beg someone to help me.

I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong here. I have downloaded a Windows 7 (x64) ISO from Microsoft, twice. Burned them into a blank DVD once in Mac and the other time in a PC and none of them worked. Then I lost my patience and asked in my college so they would burn the DVD to me properly (it's not piracy, my college provides the burned ISO and then a original serial number for each student). The thing is, after Boot Camp has sucessfully created a Windows partition, I insert the DVD (third time with another different DVD) and Star installation. The Mac is rebooted and freezes in a blank (white) screen for several minutes. I need then to reboot myself and restart pressing Alt to boot in Mac OS X. I don't think is a media problem any longer, so I beg someone to help me.
Possibly the Windows 7 ISO file you downloaded from Microsoft was a Release Candidate? The Release Candidate expires June 1, 2010 and users running the current RC will experience shut down every two hours Starting March 1, 2010. You will need to purchase Windows 7 from Microsoft or a commercial retailer. Windows 7 Release Candidate