Sign in to follow this  
tbird

ASE/ Simconnect/ FSX over a networkconfig.

HiHave anyone experienced connection problems between ASE and FSX on networked computers?I have some issues with ASE and FSX over my network that is abit strange.At the first startup of ASE on my client, I load a flightplan in to ASE, starts FSX on my server and everything is just fine. But if I close ASE or FSX they do not re-connect again if I restart ASE or FSXWhen I use FS9 (WideFS) no problem, so I think this problem has something to do with Simconnect SP2.I have to restart both computers to get them to re-connect over simconnect when I use ASE and FSXclient;winXP 32 SP3, ASE B566, wideFS, Simconnect SP2server;winXP 32 SP3 FSX/FS9, Wideserver, Simconnect SP2thanksReid

Hi,I'll give this a test and see what I get.

Actually I was having the same problem, but after I created my own simconnect.xml file the problem went away.This is the xml provide in ASE <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0"> <Descr>SimConnect</Descr> <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> - <SimConnect.Comm> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol> <Scope>global</Scope> <Address>myserveraddress</Address> <MaxClients>64</MaxClients> <Port>500</Port> <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize> <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle> </SimConnect.Comm>- <SimConnect.Comm> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Protocol>Auto</Protocol> <Scope>local</Scope> </SimConnect.Comm> </SimBase.Document>Here is the one I made. / found <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0"> <Descr>SimConnect</Descr> <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> - <SimConnect.Comm> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Protocol>Auto</Protocol> <Scope>global</Scope> <Address>myserveraddress</Address> <MaxClients>64</MaxClients> <Port>500</Port> <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize> <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle> </SimConnect.Comm> </SimBase.Document>Now I can shut it down a reconnect, might work might not, Im new to this whole simconnect thing,also I read a thread, I think it was in here or there main site, but check in your antivirus settings to have exclusions for the ASE.exe, so your antivirus is not scanning it while your loading it up. It makes the load times very fast.

Hi,I tried different combinations and ASE and FSX were able to re-connect each time.

Well guys, that did the trick!I changed the line in simconnect.xml from "IPv4" over to "auto" and that did really solve my problem. I have always excluded virus scanning of any of my software programs that are associated with FS since all of these programs that I use can be used over a network.Now I can close ASE on my client and reconnect, I can close FSX on my server and reconnect!Thanks alot!Reid