Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

FSMeteo v6.0 for FS2004 released

Hi Everyone,Marc has been working on this new release for some time. I have beta tested it through numerous versions and I can say now it is VERY good, no EXCELLENT.For those that question why an upgrade price, this new version has MANY new features, just check out the web page. In addition Marc upgraded the 5.x version of FSMeteo for free to all registered users for some time. For those that have not read other weather programs threads including ActiveSky, there will be a fee based upgrade to this level of function also in the future.As developers continue to add function and complex routines to their programs, I think it is very unreasonalbe to ask them to do this for nothing. FSMeteo Version 6 is NOT a patch, but a major functional upgrade. FSMeteo and even its competition have done wonders to improve our flying experience in MSFS, now with dynamic weather in FS2004COF FSMeteo V6 adds a whole new capability.Enjoy and FlyBob JohnsonDenver, CO (KDEN)

I have to correct myself (again). Yesterday I found a copy of version 6 in my email from the master himself. However, I still think small contributes for major updates should be acceptable, and prices of 30 euros for some applications are over the top.Marc, Thanks for the update!Regards, Ferry>>The price for an upgrade pre 01 July 2003 is 18 euros and>>the>>>price for simmers who supported FS Meteo from the start>have>>>to pay 29 euros.>>>>>>it's not pre 01 July 2003, it's pre 01 july 2002. lokk at>the>>fs meteo webpage.>>>>Jan Roar R

Bob would you say FsMeteo is working flawlessly for you in 2004? Just trying to understand what I can do to solve my problem w it.I have TAFs but All other downloads Fsmeteo attempts to do seem to timeout. Glob for example.I have yet to fly into a weather change and see it comming... Like I'd hope to w 2004.Anything I'm sure would be helpful!Thanks Walt,

I hadn't heard that ActiveSky "killed" dynamic wx in 2k4. But in thinking about this, I'm not sure what that means. Doesn't activesky thru TAF processing provide its own "dynamic" weather based on real-life forcast predictions? What is the difference here between the dynamic weather to which you are referring and what active sky provides? Also, if you are referring to the fact the ActiveSky 1.9 currently only sets a Global weather, that is true, and a major limitation. That will be overcome in version 2 I'm sure, allowing for local weather settings, so maybe you all might just wait and see what 2 will offer before spending your money...Just my opinion.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest SoarPics

I have the same problem here, Walt. All downloads work except GLOB... I get a time out at that point. Locks up my FS screen to blackscreen. Pretty much useless for me. Non-functional.AMD 2400XP on ASUS A7N8X with ATI 9700 Pro and Cat3.6's. WinXP Home