Sign in to follow this  
mrmertz

Add-on Scenery Will NOT Delete

Yes, that's right. It won't go away.Proceedure I have used......go to scebery library and click on the scenery I want to delete, click delete scenery, then shut down FS9 and go into the add-ons folder and delete the scenery there, restart FS9...scenery is still shown??? (The structures themselves I like, however the photo-real terrain does not blend in with the default terrain at all so far as colors go - from the air it looks like a huge light colored block).How can the scenery be still shown if it's been deleted out of the directory?And before you ask, no, I do not do drugs.Thanks!Perplexed in Tucson

Probably there is some files left in the scenery folder in main FS directory, not in Addon Scenery/scenery. You should look there and delete it.

Yes, that's right. It won't go away.Proceedure I have used......go to scebery library and click on the scenery I want to delete, click delete scenery, then shut down FS9 and go into the add-ons folder and delete the scenery there, restart FS9...scenery is still shown??? (The structures themselves I like, however the photo-real terrain does not blend in with the default terrain at all so far as colors go - from the air it looks like a huge light colored block).How can the scenery be still shown if it's been deleted out of the directory?And before you ask, no, I do not do drugs.Thanks!Perplexed in Tucson
Hey, don't knock the drugs :( Check if you have 3 files in your FS9 directory, one called NewScenery.cfg, one called Oldscenery.cfg and your regular scenery.cfg. If you do open your scenery.cfg and newscenery.cfg and ensure the referenced add-on is removed from both. I have seen this happen and it is almost like a cache issue...Good luck, let us know how you make on,-PPS, just in case you are not sure...Navigate to your FS directory. Make backups:Then right click on the files above and select open with, select notepad. Look for the add-on in question and remove the entry entirely. Repeat for both files and save. Make sure there is not a .txt appended to the file when you save, you do not want scenery.cfg.txt just scenery.cfg :) If that is your issue syncing up the files manually should do the trick

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

psolk - Thanks so much for the help. Did everything you suggested - scenery was STILL showing up!Then I though...hmmm...so I went bck to the add-on folder that was sitting on my desktop and then went back into my main FS folder and did a search for one of the .bgl files - viola! It showed it in my add-ons folder. I opened my add-ons folder again for the 100th time and it shows it's NOT there! Go back to my search window - it shows it's there!Anyways, did that for all the .bgl files (doing a search), deleated them, went back into FS9, no error messages and the add-on scenery is gone.What stumps me is how a search can find it sitting in a folder and yet when I go to the folder itself it shows it's not there. Maybe there's something wrong with my shortcut to my main FS folder.Bizzare.

I have found that these problems in 95% of cases have to do with a double entry in the scenery.cfg file, and a SceneryStatus.DAT file that screws everything up. Bt, as you already found a solution, I will refrain from adding more to this closed case :(Glad you got it fixed!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case