Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Radar Contact 4 Where is the Pilot-CoPilot check box

A few weeks ago I reinstalled the latest version of Radar Contact 4 ( version 4.3) . During the installation I THINK I remember putting a "check mark" in a box that would have either the Pilot or CoPilot control the aircraft in someway. I do not remember just what it was supposed to do at this later time. MY ILS autolanding system has NOT worked properly ( or at all ) since that time. I am 99% sure that this is what caused it to stop working like it (ILS) did before I installed RC4. I can NOT find the "box" to uncheck the Pilot/CoPilot check mark. Could someone please explain to me where to locate this box so that I may Un-check it to see if this is what is causeing my AP ILS to not work properly. Thanks jerrycwo4

Only thing I can think of are the Keyboard options for co-pilot plane and comm toggle. Don't think that would cause the issue you describe though.

Mike...

A few weeks ago I reinstalled the latest version of Radar Contact 4 ( version 4.3) . During the installation I THINK I remember putting a "check mark" in a box that would have either the Pilot or CoPilot control the aircraft in someway. I do not remember just what it was supposed to do at this later time. MY ILS autolanding system has NOT worked properly ( or at all ) since that time. I am 99% sure that this is what caused it to stop working like it (ILS) did before I installed RC4. I can NOT find the "box" to uncheck the Pilot/CoPilot check mark. Could someone please explain to me where to locate this box so that I may Un-check it to see if this is what is causeing my AP ILS to not work properly. Thanks jerrycwo4
there is no checkbox. you can toggle the copilot to take/return the plane with ctrl-shift-m by default. the comms are given and returned with the ctrl-shift-k by default. neither would have any impact on autoland.jd

Take back control of the aircraft before entering the airport traffic pattern. You can let the co-pilot keep the comms. This insures you have control of the aircraft to operate MCP controls such as VOR/LOC and APP plus activating a second AP in many aircraft for autoland accuracy in case the panel is not fully compliant for the co-pilot to control it.What aircraft are you using? It must interface to RC with the same FS default specifications.

Right now I'm flying the Beechcraft 1900. I do not let the pilot take control but I do let the CoPilot handle the comms within RD4. I guess I need to try another aircraft and/or try a flight WIHOUT RD4 to see if that was my problem. Thanks for the replies. jerrycwo4

UPDATECrazy Fs2004..... all of a sudden with me doing NOTHING the ILS started working again... go figgure jerrycwo4