Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

FSMETEO and ACTIVESKY ISSUES

Has anybody noticed when either of these programs updates the weather you panel will flash a few times sort of like a strobe effect.Its not a showstopper just annoying. I'm using a TI4400 with latest 43.67 drivers.Sean

Guest Marcelo

Same here! I thought it was an issue with FSMETEO 5.1 and purchased FSMETEO 6.0, hoping this flashing will not occur with version 6.0. Have not tried FSMETEO 6.0 yet/ still waiting for Marc to send me the file. Anyways, once FSMETEO 5.1 updates the weather for the first time upon starting the program, the aircraft panel starts flashing every couple of seconds and does not stop anymore. For me, a showstopper. As soon as I turn off FSMETEO, it stops and the FS2004 screen becomes completely black and after a while, the sim crashes.It seems the flashing is due the clouds "being drawn", as you fly and advance forward. But, with the FS weather engine, this flashing does not happen, as you fly. Further comments? Help?Regards, MarceloSantiago, ChilePosted on Thursday 31/7- 5:00pm EDT

Sean,Yep, Damian is aware of this problem and is working with users to try to fix this. Please follow the thread in the ActiveSky Forum and lend a hand if you can. As of this morning he had it narrowed down to GF3/4 cards with no different results in driver versions.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Sean, Good catch. I have had this problem with the legacy version of FS Meteo and was chasing my tail because I thought it was a video/driver card issue (and very, very annoying). Marc just sent the 6.0 version of FS Meteo so I'm going to install and hope that resolves the issue. regards,

Everyone:A possible fix has been posted:1. Make sure you are running 100% 3d clouds. This is in the docs.2. Under Hardware un-check the Render to Texture box. This has fixed the issue for some users, including myself!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support