Sign in to follow this  
ohanmer

Problems getting started

Hi folksJust purchased FS2Crew for the Maddog and I'm afraid I am stuck already.Running FS9.1 on Win XP 32bit Home Edition. First time I installed, FS2Crew incured the FS registry problem, Ran the Registry Repair Tool, reinstalled FS2Crew and SP1. When I click on the blue desktop icon, the initial screen opens (with the options to start FS9, FSX, Restore Original Mad Dog Panel CFGs etc). If I click FS9 Registry Integrity Test button, I get "FS9 Installation Folder found on Local Machine". I've run the Maddog Manager & Setup, unchecked "Enable first officer calls" and clicked OK....however, I do not get a promt to select "COLD and DARK" for the Panel State as indicated in your Readme First PDF. I have checked my Panels folder for the Maddog, and panel.novc.fs2crew_backup and panel.vc.fs2crew_backup are both present. If I open panel.cfg, I seem to have all the necessary FS2Crew entries (see selection below):[Window Titles]window00=Systems - Never close!window01=Left Main Panelwindow02=Right Main Panelwindow03=Pedestal Panelwindow04=Overhead Panelwindow05=Startup Overhead Panelwindow06=AFT Overhead Panelwindow07=FMSwindow08=Left Light Panelwindow09=Right Light Panelwindow10=Speed chartwindow11=Ground/Crew Communicationwindow12=Flight Documentswindow13=PFD & ND zoomWindow14=FS2Crew Main PanelWindow15=FS2Crew Configuration Panel...[Window14]size_mm=681, 57pixel_size=681, 57position=3visible=0ident=1000zorder=100gauge00=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_MainPanel, 0,0,681,57gauge01=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_VoiceMain, 10,10,5,5gauge02=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_Audio, 20,20,5,5gauge03=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_Input, 30,30,5,5[Window15]size_mm=866, 248pixel_size=866, 248position=4visible=0ident=1001zorder=101gauge00=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_AudioSetup, 0,0,866,62gauge01=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_PreFlight, 0,62,866,62gauge02=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_Pushback, 0,124,866,62gauge03=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_FlightData, 0,186,866,62...gauge31=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog!FS2Crew_Icon, 5,31,285,221When I start FS9 with default Cessna, then change to the Maddog, it loads fine with no errors reported from FS2Crew. However, everytime I click the Captain's Primary Flight Display, I get nothing with the left click of the mouse and right clicking it simply brings up the traditional right click mini menu (ie options to close this window etc). Same applies in VC and it doesn't make any difference if I change livery models or airport.So now I am completely stuck and would greatly appreciate any help you good people might be able to provide.Thanks in anticipationOwen

Hi Owen,Did you install SAPI?Remember that XP does not have the SAPI speech recognition by default in most cases.Also try re-installing the latest version of .NET.... you shouldn't have to do that, but give it a try.Failing that, please email me.Best,

Hi Owen,Did you install SAPI?Remember that XP does not have the SAPI speech recognition by default in most cases.Also try re-installing the latest version of .NET.... you shouldn't have to do that, but give it a try.Failing that, please email me.Best,
I would just like to pubicly thank Brian for all his excellent support via email. Problem has now been resolved (needed to install FS2Crew into the root folder for FS9, ensure the latest NET Framework was installed and setting the Speech Recognition to English). He really sets the standard that others should emulate.One very satisfied customer.Cheers Brian and keep up the great work.All the bestOwen