Sign in to follow this  
WaltF

Need help installing HDE Clouds

Could someone walk me through the installation of High Definition Environment clouds (hde_1_0.zip)My elderly mind can't seem to grasp the intent of the authors installation instructions.Thanks in advance for any advice.Walt in CO

Could someone walk me through the installation of High Definition Environment clouds (hde_1_0.zip)My elderly mind can't seem to grasp the intent of the authors installation instructions.Thanks in advance for any advice.Walt in CO
Hi Walt - Elderly, no excuses :(I am not running FS9 but it is pretty straightforward.First off make a backup of the main FS9 Texture folder.You have to decide what Cumulus textures you would like to use based on your computer specs and what it can handle. You can start with the Very High (HD) 32bit and if you notice it has an affect on FS9 you can replace it with another texture set.Select and copy the contents of 1 Cumulus texture set and copy the contents of the Cirrus, Envmap and Sky Color and paste them in your FS9\Texture folder.Then select the detail1.bmp file contained in the Ground Detail\High Resolution folder and copy it into the FS9\Scenery\World\Texture folder... remember to make a backup copy first.Good luck,

\Robert Hamlich/

RobertThank you so much for the detailed reply. My install worked perfectlywith your method.regardsWalt in CO

RobertThank you so much for the detailed reply. My install worked perfectlywith your method.regardsWalt in CO
Glad to hear Walt, I remember when I first started adding things to FS9 I felt overwhelmed. How do the new textures look? In the FS9.cfg have a look and see if you have a Graphics entry and add the following under it:[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096If FS9 crashes then remove the line and you'll be good to go.PM me if you need any help in the future.

\Robert Hamlich/