Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ebodee

VNAV .. ####### ME OFF

Guest Ebodee

No matter what I do before the wheels are up, VNAV is out to lunch with the flight attendant. I spam click it like a slot machine and it just sits there and laughs. No matter how many times, in how many ways, even removing restrictions in my DP and pluggin wpts VNAV refuses to arm... refuses. I don't know if there is something interfering with it, if there is some magic button in the CDU I need to press, if sunny days and cloudless skies are just too boring for the old VNAV, or if this aircraft should have a post-it over the button that reads " lol VNAV".This makes no sense and operationally I do nithing different in the CS 767 and get my VNAV all the time on departure. And no there is no "Always on" VNAV with CS 767. I have to go through same hops, pet same dog, kiss the same baby, lick the same yoke, kick the same tires. This is frustrating beyond words becuas eI know operationally nothing is inhibiting VNAV from activating. Is there a setting that turns it on and a big oops need to set that switch there?I transitioned to this aircraft form the CS 767 and I was in the air the night I bought it with everything going except VNAV .. caught a chute out and landed on the Cessna 172. Any clues? Anyone because I have done everything I need to and there is nothing undone in CDU, and I am flying same route always, ATL to LAX with one restriction to climb at or above 1540 then fly the DP. makes no sense.

I know you said there is nothing undone in the CDU, but if VNAV doesnt want to arm it sounds to me like the FMS Preflight is not complete. That could be a whole lot of things, cost index, cruise altitude, zfw, takeoff data, route discontinuity.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Guest Fuyi504

Comfirm the data you had inputed was right for the following pages in CDU, VNAV page, INIT PERF page and TAKEOFF page. If your aircraft have reached the altitude that was showed in ALT window in MCP and the altitude in CDU was higher than the current altitude, the VNAV bottom is not allowed to arm.I'm sorry for my poor English.