Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gerry47

Has anyone tried FSX with Alienware M11x?

5 posts in this topic

I tried searching but didn't find anything and just wondering if anyone has run FSX with the Alienware M11x and were the results good? Any tips to optimize performance? Many thanksGerry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I tried searching but didn't find anything and just wondering if anyone has run FSX with the Alienware M11x and were the results good? Any tips to optimize performance? Many thanksGerry
Judging by the performance specs, I would say very VERY poor... Even machines like mine and similar struggle with FSX when loaded with addons. Vanilla FSX runs well. But who wants a vanilla FSX?

My son owns one. The CPU just isn't powerful enough for FSX. It's a decent laptop for GPU-bound games, but doesn't have the processing muscle to deal with FSX.

Thank you for your replies, I didn't have my hopes up but was hoping someone had practical experience. You can overclock the dual core processor easily to 1.7Ghz and it also has 4gb RAM and the 1gb graphics card supports DX10 so I suppose I was hoping for better than Very Poor!! I just wanted something portable that would be pretty good for when I am away with work.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0