Sign in to follow this  
TheFiddler

PMDG 744 (FS9); VOR identification

Hello,two questions, please, about VOR identification in the (FS9) PMDG 744:1. Which conditions will prevent display of the VOR ID ("ABC") on the ND? I saw them earlier but now seem to get only the frequency there even when very close to the VOR.Strangely, if I enter the three-letter VOR ID on the NAV/RAD page of the FMS, it is accepted, the correct frequency is tuned, and also correctly displayed on the ND -- but why does the ND not show the ID if the FMS obviously knows about it?2. Acoustic VOR identification (Morse code) also seems not to work any more, although the switch (COMMs panel) and the corresponding light are on. Should this not work always (if the VOR is in range, of course)?Is all this a ??bug??, or am I overlooking a feature of the real 744 operation?There are some loosely relevant threads in this forum, but I could not find anything conclusive.Perhaps I should also mention that I have FS2crew installed for this plane, but I don't see how this could be a factor. Besides, I did see/hear VOR IDs earlier, with the same setup (but elsewhere in the FS9 world -- can different VORs show different behaviour?).Thanks for any tips.Cheers,Martin

Good question, I wonder if the ND gets the ID from navdata or from MSFS? Audio ident should work, although in real world many stations have voice ident now. If you give some specific examples someone might compare their results with yours.Full name please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello,two questions, please, about VOR identification in the (FS9) PMDG 744:1. Which conditions will prevent display of the VOR ID ("ABC") on the ND? I saw them earlier but now seem to get only the frequency there even when very close to the VOR.Strangely, if I enter the three-letter VOR ID on the NAV/RAD page of the FMS, it is accepted, the correct frequency is tuned, and also correctly displayed on the ND -- but why does the ND not show the ID if the FMS obviously knows about it?/
Hmm, I get the ID for the VOR on ND, but I select left or right on the MCP also, when manually tuning the VOR on NAVRAD page./ Leffe

Thanks for the comments!I am now in a new FS session, and now do get the VOR IDs on the ND again (over Ireland, VYL and SHA).But still no audio ID. Go figure :( I read about the issue with FSinn/FSCopilot, but I am not using that.And the switches on the MCP are set properly.So apparently no bug (at least not with the three-letter IDs), but what could be the criteria by which they show up or don't? Surely there are not different ranges for freq. tuning and the translation to three-letter ID? (It should be just a look-up, I'd expect.)Also, still no audio.Cheers,Martin Erdelen(As to "full name please": I had some vague memory of that rule, checked some other threads on this forum, and from what I saw (wrongly) concluded I must have been thinking of another forum, as lots of people here seem not to comply... :( It's of course the prerogative of the forum admins to require this, but I do think it's a bit over the top -- if need be, admins can always identify people through the registration data, can't they?)