Sign in to follow this  
MdMax

New Cessna Corvalis

Guest Cameron
Cameron-thanks for the simple solution-now I need to figure out why my keypad entry doesn't work..it is probably something else simple.
Hi, Geof,If you're following the quick flight tutorial for entering waypoints, this may be the problem. We had a slight typo in there instructions wise and have publicly posted the correct way to enter the waypoints as per spec.The following will be replaced with what's currently in the manual, but here's how to enter waypoints:1. Press the FPL Key on the MFD.2. If you are in 2D Mode

Hi, Geof,If you're following the quick flight tutorial for entering waypoints, this may be the problem. We had a slight typo in there instructions wise and have publicly posted the correct way to enter the waypoints as per spec.The following will be replaced with what's currently in the manual, but here's how to enter waypoints:1. Press the FPL Key on the MFD.2. If you are in 2D Mode

I am really enjoying this plane. It is extremely high quality and makes me want to fly xplane again! Now unless I am missing something there is no information on the G1000 in any of the documents that come with the aircraft. I see on the website there is a list of what is similated/not but there are a lot of things not clear.Approaches?-at least from what I can tell they are not implemented.On the website-topo ,terrain, airways,strmscp, nexrad, xmltng, has apt(xp), fix(xp), ndb (xp)tfc(xp),vor(xp),wxr (xp) listed under variation of g1000.What does that mean? Thanks for any info...

Guest Nils79

It's just working like the standard X-Plane FMS, so you have to create your flight plan and to load the plan and you can add waypoints etc.You get pretty much the standard functionality of X-Plane in the look of a G1000. I haven't been able to see a terrain map. The rest (weather, waypoints, airports etc) is displayed in the nav display.And you can view the engine and fuel information. I don't know better systems in FSX but i don't have the F1 Mustang or the RXP GNS.

It's just working like the standard X-Plane FMS, so you have to create your flight plan and to load the plan and you can add waypoints etc.You get pretty much the standard functionality of X-Plane in the look of a G1000. I haven't been able to see a terrain map. The rest (weather, waypoints, airports etc) is displayed in the nav display.And you can view the engine and fuel information. I don't know better systems in FSX but i don't have the F1 Mustang or the RXP GNS.
Yeah-the F1 Mustang is incredible and much more functional in features. Thanks for the info-it is still a very nice plane for the price.

Guest Cameron

The G1000 simulation is NOT default X-Plane. The moving map portion is, but the actual functionality is plug-in based and is setup to simulate the real G1000. We cover much info in the POH (starting at page 103) and training tutorial.The reason for approaches not being implemented is simply because the database used is that of X-Plane. It's default data, which contains no SIDs or STARs, so if you wish to fly them, you'll have to enter them as waypoints.apt(xp), fix(xp), ndb (xp)tfc(xp),vor(xp),wxr (xp) all mean their functionality is there, but the parenthesis indicates using X-Plane's default version of it.As we continue to develop the G1000 will expand further (mainly in the means of a colored moving map and moving away from the xp stuff), but as it stands now the simulation is very accurate to what is true to life, and it's definitely fun to fly...even for me! :)

The G1000 simulation is NOT default X-Plane. The moving map portion is, but the actual functionality is plug-in based and is setup to simulate the real G1000. We cover much info in the POH and training tutorial.The reason for approaches not being implemented is simply because the database used is that of X-Plane. It's default data, which contains no SIDs or STARs, so if you wish to fly them, you'll have to enter them as waypoints.apt(xp), fix(xp), ndb (xp)tfc(xp),vor(xp),wxr (xp) all mean their functionality is there, but the parenthesis indicates using X-Plane's default version of it.As we continue to develop the G1000 will expand further (mainly in the means of a colored moving map and moving away from the xp stuff), but as it stands now the simulation is very accurate to what is true to life, and it's definitely fun to fly...even for me! :)
I understand-but without approaches that is a huge loss of function, and one that is available on a number of fsx aircraft presently-have a look at the F1 Mustang which has pretty much everything with its wonderful G1000 simulation.I say that not to be sour but to hope that this can be implemented at some point in xplane. As an fsx user trying to use xplane for serious training purposes this is a huge missing area. I'd also like to have a clearer picture of what works and what doesn't as it is frustrating to touch buttons, not see what you expect and then wonder if it is user error or just not implemented (as the prior posts above show). Thankfully Reality Xp has their 430/530 for xplane with great functionality-hopefully more reality like this and improvements to your g1000 will be coming.Since I use sims (and I really don't care which one) to practice approaches 99% of the time adding features like this would be very valuable for me and I would be glad to pay the price for greater reality here-I am sure others would be to.Keep up the good work and keep improving xplane-this aircraft is definately a beauty.

Guest Cameron

Hi, Geof,Open up the POH and view page 103 onward in regards to details for the G1000.I'm not so interested in what the MSFS crowd has to offer at the moment. We've got plenty going on to keep myself and other developers busy (stuff not even FS has seen), but when it comes to instruments you have to remember the length of time MSFS has had a hardcore third party development sector.As stated, our intentions are to continually develop the G1000 simulation and eventually get it up to 100% simulation, or very near that. We're a good amount of the way there, but the biggest hurdle for now will be implementing the custom moving map functionality. Once we take that over from the moving map currently in place, then we can focus on using a custom set of nav data which will then allow us to simulate the approaches you wish for. It takes a lot of time to do this, and to get it right. We use probing for this, and it takes time. :)I certainly don't wish for this topic to detract from the fact that the aircraft itself really is quite wonderful and fun to fly, and while it lacks the particular functionality you are honing in on, it has great attributes to it that give it the upper hand in comparison to what is currently available, and what we plan to make it to be as we continually expand the product.Thanks for the compliments and enthusiasm. Much appreciated!

I understand-but without approaches that is a huge loss of function, and one that is available on a number of fsx aircraft presently-have a look at the F1 Mustang which has pretty much everything with its wonderful G1000 simulation.I say that not to be sour but to hope that this can be implemented at some point in xplane. As an fsx user trying to use xplane for serious training purposes this is a huge missing area. I'd also like to have a clearer picture of what works and what doesn't as it is frustrating to touch buttons, not see what you expect and then wonder if it is user error or just not implemented (as the prior posts above show). Thankfully Reality Xp has their 430/530 for xplane with great functionality-hopefully more reality like this and improvements to your g1000 will be coming.snipped
This is why I get a bit frustrated when I see numerous testimonials at other flight sim sites, in which the poster states that FSX was just too much of a game, while X-Plane is a real simulator. Must be because FSX has "missions" and X-Plane is marketed as a real simulator. Other than that, I don't know... :)But regardless, I think it's almost a bit silly to jump totally from one sim to the other, when each can have positive benefits. IMO, if you do jump, you miss out! Why not just run both, if your CPU platform allows you too. For some unexplainable reason, I'm gravitating more to X-Plane with version 9.45 than everbefore. But I'd never give up third party payware such as Orbx for FSX either. Perhaps the X-Plane flight dynamics got a little better, and the fog rolls in a little less! Actually, I do think it's the reason! Never the less, it's good to see Geof offer some positives for the Cessna Corvalis. I recently picked up the X-Aviation Falco (I'm a VC preferred pilot/simmer), and have been waiting on the fence for this one...L.Adamson

..........Since I use sims (and I really don't care which one) to practice approaches 99% of the time adding features like this would be very valuable for me and I would be glad to pay the price for greater reality here-I am sure others would be to.Keep up the good work and keep improving xplane-this aircraft is definately a beauty.
I'm with Geof on this and would gladly use any sim that could give me realistic equipment in a sim for approaches.I'll be watching carefully and will most likely buy this product when I return from a 3 weeks vacation in my native New Zealand that starts on Wednesday.Thanks and good luck with this product, Cameron.Bruce.

Just picked up the Corvallis last week and really enjoy it!The only things I would change are:1. I would make the windows frame in the VC a little smoother (less flat edges).2. Add in a custom soundpack.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3