Sign in to follow this  
Guest mamimue25

Engin start time

Guest mamimue25

Hello!I have a speciffic question concerning engine start. When using the autostart function, some aircraft start the engines in a very unrealistic short time (especially the IFDG airbus).Does anybody know, where I can change this time and which factors (values and variables) are responsible for it?Do I need a speciffic software to change it?thank you very much!cheersmarkusp.s. I used search function, but I did not find a thread concerning this topic.

I also want to know this, please smart guys of FS FDE enlighten us once and for all.

Hi,No idea's about cfg. files and fde.(In fs9 xml) you can try to build a timer/starter gauge to control the moment the engine starts to spool up and finally ignites. This gauge controls the "needles", numberdisplays and sound.You will need Doug Dawson's sound gauge.During the start sequence you cannot use the fs9 A:Var's for EPR, N1, N2, EGT and FF, you must fake them with L:Var's.If at the end the engine is running, eg N2>25%, this value can automaticilly switch back from L to A:Var's.Maybe you also need to remove/edit the startup sounds from/in the sound map of your aircraft.If there is a more simple way, i should be glad to know how,Jan

Guest mamimue25

Hello,thank You for the answer. But there must be a value that controls the n2 start sequence - I am sure that somebody out there knows where to set this value.There is a value that controls the spool up (value 1501) in the .air file, but it only controls the fuel flow after n2 has reched about 22% (it works like the "fuel_flow_gain" value in the aircraft.cfg). if the value is lower the n1 rise is less "bombastic".maybe someone else knows any hints to change n2 start sequence.thank you!!cheers, markus

Guest mamimue25

Hello Jan,thank you for the links, but maybe my last thread was mistakable:I have edited the fuel flow gain. But this only has an effect on the fuel flow when n2 has reached a certain value. also the spool up time (which seems to be not used any more since the fuel flow gain value was implemented) does the same - it avoids a fast n1 rise during engine start.what I need is the value for the n2 during the start seqence (from 0 to about 22) - there must be any variable that controls this reaction. for example rises the n2 of the f86 sabre (freeware) very slowly and the default jet-aircrafts start their engines unrealistic fast.so to sum up: I search the value (.air or .cfg file) that controls the n2 rise during engine start.thank you!cheersmarkus