Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

AOL icons in FS2004 (FS9) folders?

hi everyone,i noticed the other day that some of the 2004 folders have AOL icons in them. the following are a couple of examples....1. in the main FS9 folder is a folder called FSweb (this folder does not exist in fs2k2) this folder contains 6 folders-fs_live, historical, etc... the rest are AOL HTML documents with AOL icons(according to the info. supplied when right-clicking on them & selecting properties).2.(this applies to the other A/C folders as well)the 737-400 folder is used here as an example. there is two files or documents - one titled boeing 737-400_check & the other is boeing 737-400_...both have the AOL icons & according to the right-clicking info. are AOL HTML documents as well. these are just a couple of examples.do i have a problem here or is this normal? they ALL appear to be FS2004 related files or documents but for some reason they have the AOL icons. i'm having no probs. with 2004 other than the screen flickering and garbled text etc. that a lot of others seem to be experiencing.i've uninstalled & reinstalled 2004 with the same results. btw, AOL Was Not running when i installed 2004 both times. also, i'm using AOL 8.0i really like 2004 but i'm not quite getting the performance i was hoping for. thanks in advance for your help. system specs. below... happy flyin, fmp4 3.06 asus p4t533-c mobo -(1010 bios)9700 pro - 3.6 cats1 gig pc1066 rdramsb audigy2 - latest driverswinxp sp1dx9.0b

It sounds like the system has set all your HTML documents to be read with the AOL browser. Shouldn't be a problem but, then again, I've never used AOL either.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Ken_Salter

To fix:Open an explorer window, go to tools->folder options. Click on File types. Find the HTML and htm extensions, and point to your current browser. That should take care of it.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"