Sign in to follow this  
Guest sludge

fs2002.exe continues to run after exiting....

Guest sludge

Folks:This just started yesterday, after having flown a flight with the SSW A310. I can exit FS2K2 ok (I exit to desktop), but when I go to shut down the computer I get a dialog box saying that fs2002.exe is still running. I've restarted FS2k2 and exited, and had the same thing happen even if I only used a standard MS 2k2 airplane. I've taken to going to task manager after quitting fs2k2 and ending the process via task manager. Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here and how to fix it?I'm using a Dell Dimension 8200 P-4 2.0 ghz with XP home SP1, 640 mb memory, Radeon Pro 9700 128 mb, and of course fs2002.All help appreciated!!!ThanksBill

Hi. Yes I have had the same problem on XP. I use the key that returns you to the desktop then right click on FS2004 in the menu bar and close it. This works until a solution is found. I was wondering why my computer was so slow and found that FS2004 was stiull running.

It happens to me with fs9.exe (are you sure you meant fs2002.exe?). I'm using the no-cd patch with W98.Annoying, isn't it.

Guest sludge

Yes, it is annoying, and yep, I'm still using FS2K2. Going to FS9 is going to require that I buy a new larger hard drive, and I'm not ready for that yet!At least I'm not imagining the problem!Thanks,

I meant FS2004. The original post was mentioning Fs2002.I too am using the no-cd patch. I own the sim and have the tin box too. Just hate putting the CD in each time. I'll continue going to the desktop to close it. No sweat! I don't remember if I had that problem before I used the no-cd patch.