Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Nvdia 45.20 drivers rave for FS2004!

Guest JDiaz

Hey everyone just thought i'd pass this info along. I know that not all drivers work the same on everyone's computer but ever since I got FS2004 I've been wrestling with 3d clouds impacting my FPS pretty badly. I've installed these new drivers and turned off anti aliasing and anistropic filtering and reduced my AGP to 1X and Im getting MUCH more fluid FPS in FS even with heavy clouds, I have the 3D clouds now set on the "ultra high" setting and I'm getting very fluid response through the clouds.Just thought I'd pass that along hope it helps someone else, this really is a great sim just gotta tweak it to get it smooth. Those damn clouds are killer!!! The price you pay for beauty lol

Guest CargoMun

I'd have to agree with you, they are very good drivers. Have given me ALOT better FPS with clouds around in FS9 then with the past drivers i used (omega 44.03).They (the clouds) still bang and chop of the sound of the game when flying thru them but cant have everything I guess :)

If you are using a Soundblaster PCI card, try entering your computer's BIOS setup and setting the PCI latency to 128.

Dave, Can you explain how to do that in a sorta,"BIOS adjustments for dummies" type of way? I am clueless on how to do that.

Eric 

Guest SlimDady

I cant emagine why you would put it on agp 1x.. there is no way in hell that will make more performance for you..

Which OS are you using? I use W98 and I got the latest drivers for Win98/Me fron Nvidia. They crashed almost every game except FS2002 and I had to roll back to 43.35.

Guest JDiaz

I'm using Windows XP, i think they're only for XP not positivecheck www.guru3d.com

Guest CargoMun

I'm using XP as well. I also am running with AGP texture acceleration OFF in directx 9.0b and it seemed to help also.Concerning the sound, I have a crappy onboard motherboard sound (newly updated with VIA drivers) not a seperate PCI soundcard. I have nowhere in my BIOS to adjust the kind of option you mention - only graphics aperture size wich is 128 already.