Sign in to follow this  
SAFABA

Pacific scenario with GUAM as a hub.

Sorry People,Looking desperately for a good,(best) MSFX Pacific scenario-based in Guam. I posted earlier this request without result.I thank in advance any possible help, and I apologize if someone feels uncomfortable with this post. It is only question that should always be triying to get to accomplish what you want, even if you are older in years, (like me) !.Thank you guys.Safaba.- :(

Guest firehawk44
Sorry People,Looking desperately for a good,(best) MSFX Pacific scenario-based in Guam. I posted earlier this request without result.I thank in advance any possible help, and I apologize if someone feels uncomfortable with this post. It is only question that should always be triying to get to accomplish what you want, even if you are older in years, (like me) !.Thank you guys.Safaba.- :(
I'm not really sure I understand your post. In any case, Google is your friend: http://www.google.com/search?q=guam+scener...;rlz=1I7GGLL_en. Here are links to scenery plus aircraft carriers that you can place off the coast. Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim

I'm not really sure I understand your post. In any case, Google is your friend: http://www.google.com/search?q=guam+scener...;rlz=1I7GGLL_en. Here are links to scenery plus aircraft carriers that you can place off the coast. Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim
Mny thks Jim for the prompt reply !!!. Just checked, but nothing for MSFX.Thank you anyway for your interest.SincerelySafaba.-

Guest firehawk44
Mny thks Jim for the prompt reply !!!. Just checked, but nothing for MSFX.Thank you anyway for your interest.SincerelySafaba.-
Most of the scenery, etc., made for FS2K4 will work in FSX but it would be nice if someone would make some nice FSX scenery to replicate Guam. Maybe the developers who made scenery for FS2K4 already have plans to upgrade their product(s)? In any case, any mesh or scenery product made for 2004 should work in FSX. You may have to manually place the scenery in the Scenery Library, but it will work.Best regards,Jim

Most of the scenery, etc., made for FS2K4 will work in FSX but it would be nice if someone would make some nice FSX scenery to replicate Guam. Maybe the developers who made scenery for FS2K4 already have plans to upgrade their product(s)? In any case, any mesh or scenery product made for 2004 should work in FSX. You may have to manually place the scenery in the Scenery Library, but it will work.Best regards,Jim
Hei Jim, tank you again.I will try the GUAM for FS2004, and see if it works. I will fly us much real and accurate as possible. I will fly schedule cargo with hub in PGUM with PMDG MD-11, and spread flies to a long network destinations, such as main places in Asutralia, New Zeland, Korea,Haway and Diego Garc

I just found a realistic rendition of Andersen AFB at this link for FSX: http://www.simviation.com/simviation/index...=63&page=61.Best regards,Jim
Hello Jim:Again thank you, for your continuos help. I will use it and will tell you the results. Maybe I will use as PGUM alternate, but as I normaly use real met conditions, and due to the distances in between, could be find almost same weather in both airports. As per your previus recomendation, I will buy the Guam scenario for FS2004, and see if works with FX. I will let you know.Yours sincerely,Safaba.- :(

Hello Jim:Again thank you, for your continuos help. I will use it and will tell you the results. Maybe I will use as PGUM alternate, but as I normaly use real met conditions, and due to the distances in between, could be find almost same weather in both airports. As per your previus recomendation, I will buy the Guam scenario for FS2004, and see if works with FX. I will let you know.Yours sincerely,Safaba.- :(
Hi Safaba,I can do up an elevation mesh for you pretty quickly, I just moved my business operations to Guam and live near the end of the runway here. Anyway I'll call some government agencies and see if I can find some aerial imagery (unfortunately the best imagery is old and the airport has changed a lot), in the meantime I'll look into seeing if I can get permission to photograph the airport and see if I can get a 3D modeller interested...Cheers,Dean.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Hi Safaba,I can do up an elevation mesh for you pretty quickly, I just moved my business operations to Guam and live near the end of the runway here. Anyway I'll call some government agencies and see if I can find some aerial imagery (unfortunately the best imagery is old and the airport has changed a lot), in the meantime I'll look into seeing if I can get permission to photograph the airport and see if I can get a 3D modeller interested...Cheers,Dean.
HI Dean, hope you can get the photos for Guam thats one airport I would love to fly into and between Japan I suggested the overland airports designer on the possibility of making Guam since he made RKSI Incheon International Airport in Korea and of course he made all the Japanese airports. They responded that they would forward the suggestion to him so hopefully he might recreate it in fs. but if there is anyway possible it would be really fantastic getting Guam brought to life in the sim so I'm hoping they let you take the photos and hopefully a good modeler to do the project.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

HI Dean, hope you can get the photos for Guam thats one airport I would love to fly into and between Japan I suggested the overland airports designer on the possibility of making Guam since he made RKSI Incheon International Airport in Korea and of course he made all the Japanese airports. They responded that they would forward the suggestion to him so hopefully he might recreate it in fs. but if there is anyway possible it would be really fantastic getting Guam brought to life in the sim so I'm hoping they let you take the photos and hopefully a good modeler to do the project.
Great news is I found better quality 10m elevation data last night and rendered her. Looks way better than the stock FSX data... Will try and package her up along with other islands of micronesia in the next few days...I know one source for imagery but that may be costly to order but not impossible once I get Oahu and Utah completed and available...I'll chase up the GIS department tomorrow and see if they can give any assistance, but it may not be fully likely due to it being licensed from Digital Globe AFAIK...Yeah the terminal buildings and airport would be great, unfortunately the latest aerial imagery for Guam is 2005, I believe 2003 imagery is very cloudy...I do have vector data for the roads but I haven't really rendered any Vector data for FSX before apart from during the early days of FSX... But it should be possible once I grab data from Open Street Map (which has way better data than the major data providers)...Cheers,Dean.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Count me in Dean. I did my first tour as a Naval Officer onboard USS Proteus when she was at Polaris Point. Enjoyed the land, people, culture...as a matter of fact, there's not much I didn't like about Guam.If you can get the roads data into a kml, I can produce roads.Jim

Count me in Dean. I did my first tour as a Naval Officer onboard USS Proteus when she was at Polaris Point. Enjoyed the land, people, culture...as a matter of fact, there's not much I didn't like about Guam.If you can get the roads data into a kml, I can produce roads.Jim
Hi Jim!!!No problem at all on the roads data, I'll see what I can snag in the next day or so and I'm hoping the coastline data is good as well... Didn't get a chance to call the GIS dept yet, but the mesh is good to go and attached here... It's freeware...The main thing now is the imagery and the buildings, I have a few new friends who are Continental Pilot's and I can see what I can do to get airside for photos and get authorization to take photos around the airport...Cheers,Dean.P.S. I am at a point with Oahu that until I can get Adobe to process my order properly I'll be slaving away to get her complete, but in between render times I should be able to snag the data...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Okay so far so good, I've got the vector data downloaded and now am just culling the extraneous data leaving the roads and coastline intact...Will see how easy it is to join the two datasets together and merge the data into one seamless roads file...This is quick but fun...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Sounds good. All I'll have to do then is seperate out the road types and compile.Jim

Sounds good. All I'll have to do then is seperate out the road types and compile.Jim
Hey Jim, already done most of it, let me check if I still have your email address... I can separate the road types out for you, will only take a few mins...P.S. feel free to add me on Skype "fsdreamscapes"

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR