Sign in to follow this  

FSPlanet Library

Elrond, I would start by requesting of Ferdy that he remove your files, copying your request to VOLFTP per the email that was posted in this thread earlier. If he acceeds to your request, fine. If not, then VOLFTP would be the next point. If that fails, we are working on something here that we may resort to. :)

I understand what you're saying. If you didn't grant permission in your license for such a thing, your work shouldn't be included.I used to get mail from shareware/freeware sites quite often up to a few years back, asking permission to distribute my files on their collections. I guess that practice has fallen out of favour now as I haven't seen one of those mails in a coons age. In light of your work, what you've said, and this whole issue, I guess it needs to make a comeback.Take care, http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Let's agree it is a LAME duck..... because you CAN get in for free... I do it every day (:koff: sorry Tom, have to check out the competition, haven't I ... :-lol ).Yes, you need to hit F5 and Enter sometimes 30 times or more, but you DO get IN ! And believe me, I know, I am Dutch and we NEVER pay for anything if it is not absolutely necessary :-lol :-lol ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest KenG

For those non-Dutchies ;-), at least you could sign up for a VIP membership and pay for all the bandwidth you're using, or attempting to use. That's all the money goes for essentially. I upped my money as I use the site regularly. I also contributed a similar sum to AVSIM in order to support them. If you don't want to pay for VIP service, get in the back of the line just like all the others. You'll eventually get in, like Francois said, but it won't be as convenient. In short, I'm paying for better service (a common situation in this world today), but I think of it as a way to show my support and help defray some costs. Same reason I contributed to AVSIM. Both AVSIM and FS.com need a lot of revenue or contributions to continue the outstanding services they provide. I respect the decision of those who choose not to contribute, but it is NOT a duck of any variety, IMHO.Regardless, I like duck. ;-) Maybe I'm just weird.

Guest Matt Johnson

Let me just say that a certain sysadmin has gone clicketty-click and done something extremely "interesting" to the AVSIM Library server which is very apropos this discussion. I'm sure Tom will fill you all in on what precisely has taken place should he see fit. :)--M

You be right Matt.. I will post a long story in about an hour or two... :)

Guest SoarPics

I can no longer access VOLFTP's site, and a post on the FSplanet General Forum linking to Avsim's thread on the subject was up briefly and then quickly removed.Anybody else having problems with VOLFTP's site?

Guest Lizardo

I hate to put it quite like this, but legally, you gave him right and title to your work. (I sometimes do free lance writing). Unless you care to wage war in the federal court$.. by sending material, agreed to him using it, pretty much "however he likes". Lots of luck.

Thats the point. Nobody sent him anything (or few did it sounds like - I know I didn't). And nobody agreed to anything. Nobody even knew the files were there, or how they got there. Until Tom brought it up.He mass downloaded files from all kinds of Flight Sim sites or places on the net... Without permission from those sites or the authors of those files.Take care, http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

In about an hour or so, you are going to see how pervasive this poaching was, and that is from just AVSIM alone. :)

Guest eko

Looking forward to this. :)