Sign in to follow this  
january

Panel Cfg- Deactivate a line? Add remarks? How.

What are the symbols to deactivate a Panel Cfg line without deleting it?And how do I place remarks beside a line without affecting the data?(Old too soon, smart too late.)Thanks in advance, Alex Reid

What are the symbols to deactivate a Panel Cfg line without deleting it?And how do I place remarks beside a line without affecting the data?(Old too soon, smart too late.)Thanks in advance, Alex Reid
You use the foreslash charachter, as you see in the sample below. The most important thing to remember is to make a copy (backup) of that file before you start playing with it. R/click the file, copy. R/click in a blank space in the same folder, paste. ******************************// This aircraft configuration file is made for the DHC-2 Beaver amphibian version 1// made by Andrey Tsvirenko and developed for "De Havilland of Canada - Beaver" by Aerosoft// Flight dynamics developed by Alexander M. Metzger [fltsim.0]title=DHC-2A N299EEsim=DHC-2Amodel=amphib1panel=sound=[GeneralEngineData]//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turbopropengine_type = 0engine.0 = 6.6, 0, 0, fuel_flow_scalar = 1.05min_throttle_limit=0.0[piston_engine] //MKIpower_scalar=1.0 //adjusted to 400 HP at 33.5" Hg at 5000 ft cylinder_displacement=110.250 compression_ratio=10.500number_of_cylinders=9 number_of_magnetos=2max_rated_rpm=2300 //spec TO=2300 Max con=2000max_rated_hp=450 //spec TO=450 at 36.5" Hg & max. con 400 at 33.5" Hgfuel_metering_type=1************************************Good luck :(

Thanks Mike- as I suspected!Usually I do a printout of the original PCfg, so I can make pencil notes as I progress thru' trial and error adjustments when setting up the views for triple monitors.It will be handy to deactivate but retain some trial settings in this process, while making remarks on the line itself.-------------- If I can answer your questions about 1950's IBM punched card systems, please feel free to ask!!!Alex Reid

Thanks Mike- as I suspected!Usually I do a printout of the original PCfg, so I can make pencil notes as I progress thru' trial and error adjustments when setting up the views for triple monitors.It will be handy to deactivate but retain some trial settings in this process, while making remarks on the line itself.-------------- If I can answer your questions about 1950's IBM punched card systems, please feel free to ask!!!Alex Reid
Yes, it's quite handy making notes to yourself within the cfg file itself. Punch card system...wow! My wife was using one of those at work when I met her! She worked for Rick Fortran back in the day. We're dating ourselves here. :(

Yes, it's quite handy making notes to yourself within the cfg file itself. Punch card system...wow! My wife was using one of those at work when I met her! She worked for Rick Fortran back in the day. We're dating ourselves here. :(
I think I'm Outdated! Certainly well beyond "Best Before------". Anyone remember the IBM 701?AR