Sign in to follow this  
rerradem

Keyboard config

Hi all,Been away from this forum for a bit so do not know whether it has already been posted b4.Have just re-installed FS9+update and kept the old folders in a backup. Can anybody tell me where FS9 stores the keyboard settings. If there is a config file then I can just copy it into my new install, instead of configuring keyboard and joystick settings in the new install all over again. It is not the device.cfg.Thanks and cheersRichard

Cheers from Down Under

Hi all,Been away from this forum for a bit so do not know whether it has already been posted b4.Have just re-installed FS9+update and kept the old folders in a backup. Can anybody tell me where FS9 stores the keyboard settings. If there is a config file then I can just copy it into my new install, instead of configuring keyboard and joystick settings in the new install all over again. It is not the device.cfg.Thanks and cheersRichard
Your keyboard assignments (Settings/Assignments) are stored in the FS9.cfg file which is is a hidden file. In XP and a default installation the FS9.cfg file is located here:C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9If you backed that up prior to the new installation, you could copy/paste the entire file or sections from it.Not sure how FS handles Joystick data.Hope that helps.

Guest napamule

Richard,There is a FS9 keyboard reference you might be able to use. It's 'fs9keyre.zip' at FSCom (got wiped out and not replaced here at AvSim). It is by Kevin Yank. It's a 3 page keyboard diagram with FS9 key combos for different commands. It's *.pdf so you'll need an Adobe reader (there is a free reader called 'FoxIt Reader'-do search). Then you print it out and is a very good reference to keep handy. I use it all the time. GET IT. Will save you lots of running around like a chicken without a head when you need to know a key command.CBNapamule

Your keyboard assignments (Settings/Assignments) are stored in the FS9.cfg file which is is a hidden file. In XP and a default installation the FS9.cfg file is located here:C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9If you backed that up prior to the new installation, you could copy/paste the entire file or sections from it.Not sure how FS handles Joystick data.Hope that helps.
Hi guys,Thanks for input. To Tom and CB, I actually wasn't looking for the keyboard assignments in FS9 (I do have the reference guide) but where the actual assignments are stored in file as a config or txt format. But thanks anyway.As to Opa's input yep for sure I have fortunatly saved a copy of that folder and found fs9.cfg ok. Had then a look-see and yep for sure keyboard stuff was there. So this will save me a lot of time assigning keystrokes all over againSo here I go again, thanks very much and keep up the good workhappy flying and cheersRichard

Cheers from Down Under

Richard,There is a FS9 keyboard reference you might be able to use. It's 'fs9keyre.zip' at FSCom (got wiped out and not replaced here at AvSim). It is by Kevin Yank. It's a 3 page keyboard diagram with FS9 key combos for different commands. It's *.pdf so you'll need an Adobe reader (there is a free reader called 'FoxIt Reader'-do search). Then you print it out and is a very good reference to keep handy. I use it all the time. GET IT. Will save you lots of running around like a chicken without a head when you need to know a key command.CBNapamule
I could NOT find the above file at FSCOM. Could anyone else find it and if so, how? jerrycwo4

Guest napamule

Jerry,Did you remove the (') on start and end of zip file name? (hehe). Also, I gve the author's last name (Yank) which is all you need to enter in the search window at any site. Or if you use Google that will 'work' and provide you with link(s) you need to locate the file. Try it. And in case you need info for FSX, you should know that there is also a key command list (printable-which is the way to go) for FSX which is from/by 'Radarman'. There is also simular by Peter Hayes in both sites-try his too.CBNapamule