Sign in to follow this  

Radeon 9800 Pro and Sound bug

Along with other reported issues, I notice thta if I access a menu item in fullscreen mode, or for thta matter switch from full screen to windowed mode, the sound may disappear entirely, and/or the frame rate will drop to 1.0 from mid 20's essentially making game play impossible until I reboot or at minimum exit FS 2004 and restart. This is very annoying. Has anyone else noted this or found a solution?Greg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Greg,I too have a 9800Pro. I haven't seen this though :). What plane / situation are you in? (I have the flashing in fullscreen when ALT is pressed).Bruce.

I have the exact same problem. I have been working on this since Friday night. A real pain, because I have not even flown yet.I am experiencing the same issues but also, once I exit FS, my whole system loses its sound. I get all kinds of error messages including:"Windows cannot play the.... .wav file. It may be damaged, etc."My specs are as followsDell 8250, P4, 2.4GhzWindows XP-Home, fully patched and upgraded using Windows Update.512Mb RamRadeon 9700 Pro, DVI, 128Mb memorySanta Cruz WDM Interface (standard on the Dell)I have patched my video card via ATI and Omega, patched my Santa Cruz card, updated Directx, patched MS, etc. , etc.I am hearing rumblings over at flightsim.com that this might be a Santa Cruz issue. Are you running this card? If not, then here are the 2 sites that I went to to patch my video card.ATIhttp://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/winx...x=12&submit.y=9The OMEGA drivers are here:http://www.driverheaven.net/downloads/index4.htmNot sure if any of this will help but that is what I have been trying.

Thanks for this information. I have a dell 8200 2.6. I also have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card as well, so it may well relate to this card.I think I found a solution however - I downgraded sound acceleration by one notch in the control panel, and the problem seems to have vanished. no perceptible change in sound quality. I have flown about thirty minutes and gone back and forth from windowed to full screen, opened multiple menus and the sound now works fine.Give it a try!Greg