Bryan, I'm unfortunately still having issues with the mute function in SP1.1. It's the same old issue of the FO acting on commands when the mute button is presses and I'm transmitting on vatsim via squawkbox. "M" mute symbol is being displayed but the voice recog still picks up on things which means the FO is switching the altitude/course/heading/airspeed values all over the place. He doesn't act on checklists. PTT and mute are assigned to the same button on my yoke via FSUIPC.This is an absolute nightmare when flying online. Not sure what more information I can give you but it's just the same issue I've asked about before. Though it was solved post SP1 as I had a couple of flights without the problem which must have just been luck.What more can I do to help get this sorted, bearing in mind that it's really hard to test given I have to actually be on vatsim talking with a controller to have the issue?

Bryan, I'm unfortunately still having issues with the mute function in SP1.1. It's the same old issue of the FO acting on commands when the mute button is presses and I'm transmitting on vatsim via squawkbox. "M" mute symbol is being displayed but the voice recog still picks up on things which means the FO is switching the altitude/course/heading/airspeed values all over the place. He doesn't act on checklists. PTT and mute are assigned to the same button on my yoke via FSUIPC.This is an absolute nightmare when flying online. Not sure what more information I can give you but it's just the same issue I've asked about before. Though it was solved post SP1 as I had a couple of flights without the problem which must have just been luck.What more can I do to help get this sorted, bearing in mind that it's really hard to test given I have to actually be on vatsim talking with a controller to have the issue?
Can anyone else reproduce this? It should have been fixed in SP1.Try re-installing the latest version of SP1.Which version of the 737 are you using?

It's the Wilco version. I'm actually on a fresh install of FS9 and have also tried several times a simple reinstallation of the 737 and fs2crew. The 737 is the latest download version so is all up to date. I had suspected with the beta SP1, that it was a confliction with my joystick. I've since started using a Saitek yoke and the problems still there. I assume there's some users on here that are also running with a Saitek yoke so would be good to hear if you also have this issue or not, and if you have your PTT button configured through FSUIPC or FS.One ting you could clear up Bryan....in the SP1 changelog it says that the audio engine is integrated with squawkbox and that the voice recog won't act when i'm transmitting. Does this work independently from the mute function, so I don't actually have to set the mute button to my PTT key? If that's the case then perhaps the problem is caused by having PTT and mute tied to the same joystick button.

It's the Wilco version. I'm actually on a fresh install of FS9 and have also tried several times a simple reinstallation of the 737 and fs2crew. The 737 is the latest download version so is all up to date. I had suspected with the beta SP1, that it was a confliction with my joystick. I've since started using a Saitek yoke and the problems still there. I assume there's some users on here that are also running with a Saitek yoke so would be good to hear if you also have this issue or not, and if you have your PTT button configured through FSUIPC or FS.One ting you could clear up Bryan....in the SP1 changelog it says that the audio engine is integrated with squawkbox and that the voice recog won't act when i'm transmitting. Does this work independently from the mute function, so I don't actually have to set the mute button to my PTT key? If that's the case then perhaps the problem is caused by having PTT and mute tied to the same joystick button.
To confirm, did you install SP1 from here:http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/pages/FS2Crew%...er-Updates.htmlJust to make double sure you have it, please download and install it again.So long as you see the 'M' icon on the display when you press the Mute button, your speech commands should be essentially muted. Joystick buttons should make no difference.Integration with SB... yes, but FS9 only. It's not automatic in the FSX version of Squawkbox due to technical reasons.

OK i've just done a fresh install again and will this time try not assigning the mute button and let the SB integration do it's thing. I'm using the 737 with fs9 only.Will try another flight just now and report back. Anyone in the vicinity of Heathrow watch out for a crazy 737 flying all over the place! :(

Well did another reinstall and this time didn't assign the mute key to my PTT switch. The "M" symbol does appear correctly on the fs2crew panel when I'm transmitting on SB, however the problem persists.Taking the flight I just did as an example, climbing out from Frankfurt I was climbing to FL110 and at about 10,000ft I was given an instruction to fly direct to a waypoint. As I read back the instruction, the MCP altitude value started increasing on it's own all the way up to 50,000ft. This meant that I missed my alt restriction of FL110. With this issue the FO did say and set the FL500 altitude and the voice control remained working afterwards. On approach into Heathrow though, I was being vectored onto the ILS rwy09L. Virtually every time I read back a heading/alt instruction, the course value started to spin very slowly. The voice command was completely non responsive and the only way to regain control of the course setting was to disable and re-enable voice via the fs2crew panel. A process which causes a pause nearly a minute long in the simulator.I made a point of setting my earphone and mic volume VERY low on this flight just incase the issue was being caused by the mic picking up sound from the earpiece before the PTT key was pressed. I can say confidently that this isn't the problem now after trying this as well as the fact that I've never had the problem when ATC has been talking to someone else.Any thoughts on where to go from here? Possible x64 issue? FSUIPC issue? I absolutely love the product but it's just too stressful trying to use it online with this problem. I can only assume that the key to the problem lies somewhere in my setup, as I'd be expecting to see loads of people with the same issue reporting here is it were solely an issue with the product on every system.

Are you moonlighting as a rock star? :( Cheers, I'm not in any great panic to get it fixed, so long as we can get to the bottom of it eventually.

Are you moonlighting as a rock star? :( Cheers, I'm not in any great panic to get it fixed, so long as we can get to the bottom of it eventually.
I just did a clean install of FS2Crew for the Wilco 737 in FS9 and I also installed SP1.I tried using the mute function with Heading and Altitude commands (ie., Heading 010... Altitude 4000) and mute functioned perfectly.I also checked the SP1 code and the code looks okay.My only thoughts:1. You need to hold down the mute key, not just press it once. Are you doing that while saying "heading 010", etc?2. Only other thing: When you installed SP1, are you positive you selected FS9 for the install location?Take a look at the gauge file here:Flight Simulator 9\FS2Crew2010\Versions\B737Wilco\Gauges\FS2CrewWilcoB737.gauRight click it and select the General tab.Size should be:1.16 MB (1,226,240 bytes)Cheers,

Mute button is defiantly being held down and is programmed to repeat the keypress whilst held. M symbol remains present until key is released. However as I've said, I have tried on this latest install using the squawkbox integration and not assigning the mute key. Again the M symbol remains present until my squawkbox PTT button is released. Perhaps the problem is not with the mute function, but with the SB integration instead? I assume that even with the mute button assigned to the PTT button, the SB integration would always have priority during a transmission and this is perhaps why I'm seeing problems regardless of which method I use.Gauge appears to be the correct size/version.When programming the SB integration did you use the internal module version of SB from with the simulator or did you use the external .exe version? Also does fs2crew create a log anywhere that could shed any light on what's happening when the problem occurs?EDIT: I should add that you're not going to be able to replicate my problem by just pressing the mute key and saying altitudes ect. I've tried that as well and everything works as it should. It's just occasionally that the problem occurs whilst actually transmitting through squawkbox and even then it isn't every transmission.

Like I said, I've tried it both ways and see the problem each time. The only thing now that I've not tried is pressing both the PTT switch AND the mute key at the same time. At the end of the day, the "M" symbol is being displayed when I command it, but the voice recognition still picks up and acts on my voice under certain conditions.I know that it's probably just as frustrating for you to try and solve an issue that you can't replicate, as it is for me to keep trying to explain. I guess the problem lies somewhere within my particular software/hardware setup, so it's looking like something I'll just have to live with unless there's a miracle. If I can find some spare time one of these days I may install everything on another PC and see if the issue is present there as well. At least that way we can rule out 100% a problem within the code.If you have any brainwaves, let me know!PS, While I've got your attention...do you still plan on making a PMDG 744 version of the voice commander? Read that in the other forum a while back but haven't heard any more about it.

Can anyone else here reproduce Clum's mute issue?Please chime in either way.It's for me to troubleshoot his problem because I can't reproduce it. But if a few more of you can reproduce it, then I can use your feedback to narrow it and down and "guess".PMDG 747 Voice.... I want to, but it won't happen for quite a while probably. Making each version of FS2Crew is very labor intensive. I can just whip them out I'm afraid.Cheers,

Can anyone else here reproduce Clum's mute issue?Please chime in either way.It's for me to troubleshoot his problem because I can't reproduce it. But if a few more of you can reproduce it, then I can use your feedback to narrow it and down and "guess".PMDG 747 Voice.... I want to, but it won't happen for quite a while probably. Making each version of FS2Crew is very labor intensive. I can just whip them out I'm afraid.Cheers,
Hi I have the same problem as Clum with FS 9 & the pic 737 to re-create the fault take off & do the aftertake off checks then press the mute button on the keyboard or joy stick then say decent checks, nothing happens. The mute buton works but keep hold of the mute button and say heading 190 or whatever and the co pilot will change it this over rides the mute button both on altitude speed and headings. this is usless when flying online as it alters the heading or speed to your call sign number. This is however is nothing to do with squawkbox or online flying as it does it offline as well.hope this helps Johnney

Hi I have the same problem as Clum with FS 9 & the pic 737 to re-create the fault take off & do the aftertake off checks then press the mute button on the keyboard or joy stick then say decent checks, nothing happens. The mute buton works but keep hold of the mute button and say heading 190 or whatever and the co pilot will change it this over rides the mute button both on altitude speed and headings. this is usless when flying online as it alters the heading or speed to your call sign number. This is however is nothing to do with squawkbox or online flying as it does it offline as well.hope this helps Johnney
John,Thanks for the report. I'll take another look.Cheers,