Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

BP=0 + PNW + Unlimited = Spikes, Glitches , etc ?

Guest Player2
We have 5m mesh at 3W5, which looks cool in that valley setting eh?
just 5m? Sweetness!Drool Drool Drool....Gosh gee if you ever need a thorough Beta tester PM me! Ha! :( I7 at 4ghz 285GTX Win7-64
Geofa, remember those autoconfig.bat and config.sys files which we had to "tweak", or adapt, depending on game we run, because it had nothing to do with the physical memory installed? I even made startup files for different games, because each needed different memory management :( Those were the days... and you've been there a little longer than I have!But you must understand one thing: the need for a better hardware is not necessarily a possibility for everyone to be able to get a new hardware. I other words, not everyone can spend as much money on hardware as others can. Those are left with nothing else than to tweak.On the other hand, it's also a kind of satisfaction for some to tweak, otherwise it wouldn't be such a popular "hobby" :( .We all know though, that upgrade is ALWAYS for a while. I work in a store where we sell commercial laptops and computers, no separate hardware, so we get those usual customers who come in without an idea what they want and expect us to find out. And there is a statement from the customer that always makes me chuckle a bit: "I would like a fast and a future-proof computer". Hm, right, yeah. B)
No No No, Its was we had to load the drivers in the right order to stay under the 640k limit, Himem, SB drivers, VGA etc remember those?!!! Makes your head hurt! I still am running old DOS games just for the fun, thanks to DOSBOX. Still have my ATP sim stuff too!Cheers!