Hey Guys,I already have a desktop for FSX, but want a laptop as well for work and travel.I had an Asus G73JH, but the GPU failed and it seems to be a common problem. I am willing to spend within 1600-1900....Any suggestions?Jeff

Guest otwer22

I have a Sager 8760 with a i7 920XM. I configured my machine with an Nvidia GTX285, intel 160Gig SSD, etc

I have a Sager 8760 with a i7 920XM. I configured my machine with an Nvidia GTX285, intel 160Gig SSD, etc

Guest otwer22
How does your laptop fair with FSX?
Sorry I do not own FSX, so I could not say. But I can say it probably should run it pretty good for a laptop. Maybe you can get FPS in the 20-30's depending on the settings.

Hey Guys,I already have a desktop for FSX, but want a laptop as well for work and travel.I had an Asus G73JH, but the GPU failed and it seems to be a common problem. I am willing to spend within 1600-1900....Any suggestions?Jeff
I have a Clevo D900f that runs FSX respectively well with all the more popular addons. What makes this particular model unique is its ability to run desktop class i7s. Configured it came to about $2600...though :(

Ryan Kelly

Guest rboscar
I have a Clevo D900f that runs FSX respectively well with all the more popular addons. What makes this particular model unique is its ability to run desktop class i7s. Configured it came to about $2600...though :(
Is there an off-the-shelf laptop you can recommend that's in the $1000 to $1500 price point that should run FSX reasonably well? I've seen a few Toshiba's with i7s that look promising...

Guest otwer22

Can you give us more information. namely whether you are looking at 15" or 17" laptops, and when you say off the shelf are you limiting yourself to buying at a local retailer like Best Buy. If you are open to mail order it opens up a large number of possibilities.

Guest rboscar
Can you give us more information. namely whether you are looking at 15" or 17" laptops, and when you say off the shelf are you limiting yourself to buying at a local retailer like Best Buy. If you are open to mail order it opens up a large number of possibilities.
I'd like to keep it under 17'' if possible but it's not a dealbreaker. And yes, I'm definitely open to mail order. What about something like this?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834114803

Guest rboscar

BUMP.Any thoughts on the computer in the post above? I'd love some feedback on it.Many thanks!