Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Why does rc not know the rwy in use

See comments >>>>below:

Gabe,I'm using ASE (build 572) and Traffic X (AI aircraft add-on), and I just ordered RC, waiting for the DVD.I understand your first comment about turning off wind smoothing in ASE. But you also said to turn off wx settings in FSUIPC (registered version) Does this include the wind smoothing option? I figure that if I turn off the smoothing option in ASE, at least I could keep it ON in FSUIPC. Will this cause a problem with RC?
>>>>>>>If using FSX AES to get rid of global weather you must turn off DWC which is its wind smoothing. In that case you would turn it on in FSUIPC4 if AES registers it. If not than you would need the paid registration for FSUIPC4. FS9 user are covered for registration in FSUIPC3.<<<<<<<
In your second comment, "ensure Ai traffic is spawned at least 50 miles from you to be on the safe side." Is this an adjustment I would make in RC, ASE or Traffic X? Thanks for info.
>>>>>>>>>The references to "spawning" apply to the UT2 traffic application which has that setting. It sets the radius around your aircraft that AI get rendered as models. It is there to allow adjustment related to the AI demands on FSX performance. As far as I know Traffic X just creates your AI plans and does not control rendering distance.<<<<<<<<<<

See comments >>>>below:>>>>>>>If using FSX AES to get rid of global weather you must turn off DWC which is its wind smoothing. In that case you would turn it on in FSUIPC4 if AES registers it. If not than you would need the paid registration for FSUIPC4. FS9 user are covered for registration in FSUIPC3.<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>The references to "spawning" apply to the UT2 traffic application which has that setting. It sets the radius around your aircraft that AI get rendered as models. It is there to allow adjustment related to the AI demands on FSX performance. As far as I know Traffic X just creates your AI plans and does not control rendering distance.<<<<<<<<<<
There are detailed instrustions on ASE website/forums and in docs re: FSUIPC (reg'd) settings.It is not that simple, as some settings can be used in conjunction with, or instead of, certain ASE settings.This is further complicated by the effects of turbulence on the AP of some complex airliners. So you need to do your research.Also, ASE has different settings for FS9 and FSX.... global weather and smoothing effects can only be used in specific combos in FSX for example. So, FSUIPC settings in conjunction with ASE, must be considered seperately depending on which sim you are using.Read the manual and forums. The general consensus is that all weather settings are best turned off in FSUIPC to prevent any problems. They suggest that if you do use smoothing in FSUIPC such as turbulence, that changes are made in the .ini file to minimise the effects on some aircraft's AP control.This one on this forum is a good starting point:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=290996 and: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=287359 The latter also talks - about halfway down - about how ASE can influence Radar Contacts ability to know which is the active runway.http://www2.hifisim.com/forum/12Good luck.