Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

Frame Rate Limiter -- Where?

Guest GiZBUG

I was told to turn this off in FS9.Where do I do this at?

Frame Rate Limiter?? I guess you mean the slider that sets the framerates in FS, if so, you should leave it on and lock it between 25-35 (your preference, the default is 20), it will make your sim run more efficient. it is in the display area under the hardware tab.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest CargoMun

Having it completely off (unlimited) creates for me some rather annoying side effects. Since the CPU then apparently gets more to work with my cpu temperature rises 3 degrees and also gound textures seems to be reloading much more often then when locked at 25-30..I guess harddrive needs more access time when it set on unlimited.

Guest wathomas777

The limiter works the same way as in FS2002, and there was some confusion then to.It is not a limiter. (well it is, but let me explain)When you set the slider, the sim attempts to reach that FPS goal. As long as average FPS stays at 80 percent of that value then the CPU will then attempt to load the highest detail in textures according to the limits you have provided.If and when the average FPS drops below the 80 percent mark, the sim starts rendering in ever lower and lower texture quality in a attempt to maintain the set value.Most people use unlimited at altitude because they can get HUGE numbers (like 60 or above) and it doesn't matter if the textures are blurry, anything out the window at FL310 is bound to be blurry anyway.However, as you descend, those blurry textures are harder to deal with, especially with Autogen. Nothing looks worse than sharp rendered autogen buildings lying it what looks to be a sea of mud.Yes sliding your slider to unlimited will increase your FPS in some areas, but in most cases, it will only lead to fuzzy and out of focus textures.