Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

Too many waypoints

Guest rici

I have FSBuild2 and I just realised that there are many, many more waypoints in the FSBuild database than there is in the FS2002 one. The result is that I cannot use FSBuild plans because the waypoints that it puts into the flightplan do not exist in FS2002. How do I update my FS database to inlcude all the waypoints in FSBuild, and secondly, how do I update my add on aircrafts (like SSW A310) database so the FMC contains all of these waypoint also?Thanks

That could be a problem or not. The FS2002/04 FP has the name,coordinates, waypoint type and sometimes the airway (FSbuild2 has that) the FMC can import the FP without really see if the waypoint is in the AIRAC. But of course that depends on the FMC implementation and relies in the FP import not input.Jos

>The result is that I cannot use FSBuild plans because the waypoints >that it puts into the flightplan do not exist in FS2002.I don't see why you cannot use Fsbuild2. All the necessary information about the waypoint including the lat/lon is included when exported from Fsbuild. So you 'should' be able to use waypoints that do not exist in the FS2002 database.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest rici

hi,I can use the FSbuild Flightplans as they give waypoint coordinates I can just type in the coordinates instead of the names. However this takes me about one and a half hours for a long haul flight in the A310 with SSW as it cannot import flight plans. it would be great if I could update the FS data base or the SSW database to dave me time.Thnaks for your help guys.