Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Forthcoming Repaints

G'day Mark,Mate I am absolutely flabbergasted at what you have done and ought to be congratulated ..... :( I have just sat here and read the entire section, and can only say well done, and the FS Community ought to be in uplifted spirits and extremely thankfull with your work ..... :( I now have a request, even though our V/A boss has painted about 2/3rds of our fleet, and I would like to ask if you wouldn't mind doing one of these 744Fs for us (me), please ..... I won't say anything to "The Boss", but I as the Operations Officer of Orange Air Virtual, would like to spring this on him as a Christmas present, :( , even if you can't do it by Christmas, as time is yours to choose ..... Again thanks for all the work you've done for us, and leave you with,Cheers 4 Now,Stephen Jones,Operations Officer,Orange Air V/Adesktop_pilot@bigpond.comP.S. Orange Air V/A was started in the Netherlands, (we have several Dutch Pilots with us, and our CEO is a Pom, and I'm an Aussie, and is the oldest V/A on the planet, but even though there only about 20 of us, it has had pilots and Staffers from all corners of the globe over the years ..... Just thought I'd give you a heads up, as we say, on our great and proud V/A .....P.P.S. I've only decided to lash out and spend a few bucks on a new plane, so it had to naturally be a PMDG 774 ...... I only bought it a few weeks back, after deciding I was tyred of flying MSFS's aircraft which are just not in the same league as I'm sure everyone would agree, and so I am rather late onto the scene here, and am desperately trying to make up for lost time ..... B)

Hi Stephen,Welcome to the PMDG community and I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy flying the 747-400.Also I very much appreciate your comments about my repaints I have done so far and there's more to come in the New Year by the way, so "watch this space" as they say! There's a few paintetsr that frequent this forum and their work is top notch and something I aspire to. Now , to your request for the -400F. Yes, no problem, but I need some help from you....Do you have some existing images of the orange logo and titles plus any other artwork you want to be displayed on the plane that you can send me? Images in .psd, bmp or pspimage format will do.Also let me know the registration you want?Once I have this info, I can start work on it.You can send all the info to my email which is mentioned in my profile.I can' t promise Christmas, but I'll do my best.Oh and one other thing... I usually release FSX aircraft but have been known to convert a few for FS2004, so if you want the latter, you'll need to act as my texture tester since I don't have FS2004. Let me know if you want both versions? I hope that's OK with you?CheersMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

G'day Mark,Mate many thanks for your warm welcome and for accepting my request on painting our V/A aircraft ..... :( I'll get the information and files to you ASAP, by email ...... There are no problems with sending the FS9 to me for testing as I have both versions installed on my machines ......I know of the work you still have lined up including the German airport and scenery jobs which should be your priority before any more paintjobs, so whenever you can get to it, is your perogative ...... Do you know of anyone doing the passenger aircraft Mark ? We use the pax version as well, but I might have another go myself, and follow your instructions off the tutorial a few pages back ..... :( Cheers 4 Now, as a Stephen Jones,Operations Officer,Orange Air V/A

Hi Stephen,If you want the -400pax version, I can do that too! Not a problem.CheersMark

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Hi Stephen,If you want the -400pax version, I can do that too! Not a problem.CheersMark
G'day Mark,That would be wonderful if you wish to do them, and I just can't thank you enough for your offer of all these paintjobs for us ...... :( I am setting about and getting the files together for you now, so you should receive them in about 12 hours or so, as I workout the filing system of each, which I will manage ...... :( Again please only do them when YOU WANT TO, for as I said I understand the work you want to catch up on, and will be a great Christmas present for our V/A whenever ......:(Cheers 4 Now,Stephen Jones

Hi Sean,Actually I thought about doing the MK one myself but never got round to it.Since I will be hanging up my paintbrush for a few weeks, I'm going to add this to the list of possible repaints int eh list I'm keeping so it deosn't get forgotten. When I return in a few weeks I'll see if I can do both for you. The MK is easier, so I will do this first most likely.Anyway, your requests are noted and if you can be a little bit patient , I will see what I can do.RegardsMark
TAAG Angonla Airlines MK Airlines
Hi Mark,It's been a few months and though I would check back with you and see if your still considering doing those two paints in the attached screen shots, TAAG Angola and MK.Thanks,Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

G'day Mark,I am just bobbing in to ask if you received your emails from me yesterday ..... I have a feeling that all of my sent items over the past couple of weeks are going AWOL, as I haven't got replies to other emails from others that usually reply to me within 24 hrs as rule ...... I've just changed my Default mailer from Outlook Express to Windows Mail, and so will resend via that program, depending upon your reply here, or just email me with the answer .....Thanks Mate, andCheers 4 Now,Stephen Jones desktop_pilot@bigpond.com

G'day Mark,I am just bobbing in to ask if you received your emails from me yesterday ..... I have a feeling that all of my sent items over the past couple of weeks are going AWOL, as I haven't got replies to other emails from others that usually reply to me within 24 hrs as rule ...... I've just changed my Default mailer from Outlook Express to Windows Mail, and so will resend via that program, depending upon your reply here, or just email me with the answer .....Thanks Mate, andCheers 4 Now,Stephen Jones desktop_pilot@bigpond.com
Hi Stephen, thanks for the info. I sent you an email by return.RegardsMark
Hi Mark,It's been a few months and though I would check back with you and see if your still considering doing those two paints in the attached screen shots, TAAG Angola and MK.Thanks,Sean Campbell
Hi Sean,Thanks for the question and reminder. :( I'll be picking up my paint brush in the New Year and doing some more repaints, maybe with a little more focus on the 747-8i/F this time.If you want to know about what I'm up to, read the next post!.....CheersMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Folks,First of all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. :( Second, just to let you know I will be picking up my paint brush again in the New Year and continuing on with a number of paint requests I have received plus some of my own personal repaints. I think this year I will be focusing a little more on the 747-8i/F although I'll still be doing the -400 repaints.Last, but not least, not only have I been busy working on some scenery updates ( 2 airport updates released for EDDF) but also on an exciting new project.To learn more about this and catching up on the latest Repaint News plus many other things, take a look here... www.dantrix.netFor repaint news, my 2011 schedule for repaints and what I have been working on lately, navigate to the forum Painters Penthouse and sub-forum Mark's Magic after clicking on the link above. This will become my main repository for my repaints, but I'll stil be monitoring this and the other sub-forums as usual. Hopefully you'll be pleased with what's coming in 2011...Best Regards,Mark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hello,A sneak preview of the Cathay Pacific -8F livery I'm working on...not completely finished and it's my first attempt to do this one based on a limited number of photos available for this varant - I have only found one to date.RegardsMarkP.S: For more info, you can visit http://www.dantrix.net/ and my subforum Mark's Magic.

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hello,A sneak preview of the Cathay Pacific -8F livery I'm working on...not completely finished and it's my first attempt to do this one based on a limited number of photos available for this varant - I have only found one to date.RegardsMarkP.S: For more info, you can visit http://www.dantrix.net/ and my subforum Mark's Magic.
Well it's finished and ready for take-off. Big%20Grin.gif Available for download at the above URL. It should appear in Avsim in the next day or so.Here's a shot of the completed aircraft...Enjoy!

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Folks,FYI - I have another 2 aircraft rolling off the production line, this time 2 Thai Cargo -400F liveries , one being a "Custom Special" and the other a request by Moe a while back for a -400F in the current Thai livery.For more info, feel free to visit Mark's Magic at www.dantrix.netCheersMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Aer Lingus old livery?
Hello Carl & Aer Lingus pilots,I know you have been patient but good news....The Aer Lingus is in the paint hangar. This is how it looking right now....Do you have or anybody else have a preference for aircraft name (which Aer Lingus typically does) and any specific registration?Please let me know as I'll be finishing this up soon!thxMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi,FYI Now available at Avsim. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=155484RegardsMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge