Sign in to follow this  
Chrisjh999

Help ! nvidia Video Cards for FS9

Which is the Best Nvidia Card for FS9? Being relatively new to this I am unsure which card is best. I am confused further because I am told the later Nvida SLI video cards like the 480 are not properly utilised by FS9.I have Win XP SP3 (32 bit), 3.4 GHZ CPUNot sure about Windows 7 yet as to whether there are any compatability issues for FS9, my addons and my Saitek Yoke.Many thanks,Chris EGBB

The 480 is not an "SLI" card, as you put it. It is a single GPU card much like the GTX 285, 275, and 260 before it. The same goes for the 470. Either of these cards would be the fastest cards you can buy for both FS9 and FSX.

Which is the Best Nvidia Card for FS9? Being relatively new to this I am unsure which card is best. I am confused further because I am told the later Nvida SLI video cards like the 480 are not properly utilised by FS9.I have Win XP SP3 (32 bit), 3.4 GHZ CPUNot sure about Windows 7 yet as to whether there are any compatability issues for FS9, my addons and my Saitek Yoke.Many thanks,Chris EGBB
FS9 does work on Windows 7.To overcome compatibility issues, make sure you run as administrator. You may also need to disable Windows User Account Control (UAC).Gerald R.

If you are staying on XP, the best nVidia card for FS9 is the GTX285. The GTX400 series drivers are problematic for FS9 with both 32- and 64-bit versions of XP...Geoff

Many thanks Gents for your emails.Do you think the GTX 285 will help reduce the blurries in FS9?Best Wishes,Chris