Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anthonyvr

Resizing the 3d Cockpit for dual monitors

Guest Anthonyvr

Hello there,I hope somebody can help me, I have gone out and bought two LCD monitors for my FSX, the monitors are working great and the sync between the two is perfect. When I run the 3D cockpit view and undock the window I can move it to the centre "Between the two screens" or to the right monitor. My challenge is I do not know how to make the 3D cockpit window larger to span across both monitors. I have uploaded to screen prints to demonstrate my challenge

Guest AvioPyric

Hi I have 2 monitors for FSX. I set up in vertical alignment . Upper monitor for forward view and Lower touch screen for 2d panel.FSX know both monitors is TWO monitor. My nVidia card can not settind like ONE monitorMay be Eyefinity of ATI will fullfill your wish. It can simulate all monitor like Whole One monitorLast , matox triplehead2go sirMaybe.

Hello there,I hope somebody can help me, I have gone out and bought two LCD monitors for my FSX, the monitors are working great and the sync between the two is perfect. When I run the 3D cockpit view and undock the window I can move it to the centre "Between the two screens" or to the right monitor. My challenge is I do not know how to make the 3D cockpit window larger to span across both monitors. I have uploaded to screen prints to demonstrate my challenge
My understanding of "3D cockpit" or Virtual is that it is a single monitor format- and can be displayed over/across multiple monitors only via TripleHead2Go - which has the capability to "stretch" the image. Eyefinity probably also can do this but I have no info on that system.2D or Windowed mode can certainly be displayed over multiple monitors, because there, you can open additional views and panel popups- then drag them to your secondary monitors.In virtual mode, there are no extra popups nor views. Instead, virtual uses panning and zooming to substitute for extra views & popups. A negative side effect of zooming out to get a wider view, is that it adversely affects distance perception. Zooming Out is exactly like looking through the wrong end of binoculars.Alex Reid

Anthony, looking at your screenshots... what happens if you hit ALT-ENTER?You can't grab the sides and move them all the way to the left and right?

Guest Anthonyvr
Anthony, looking at your screenshots... what happens if you hit ALT-ENTER?You can't grab the sides and move them all the way to the left and right?
Hi, the same result, it does not allow me to grad the sides, when I mouse over the border it gives me a double pointed arrow but when I click and drag it does not move.

Hi Anthony,From your screen shots it looks like you are trying to stretch one VC view over two screens, but the multi monitor system doesn't work like that. With a multi monitor setup each VC view you open is meant to span just one monitor. You can open as many VC views as you like (or any other view for that matter), but each one can only span one monitor.Also, when you get your screens working for you don't forget the View - link all (toggle) key assignment in the Settings/Controls/Buttons/Keys/Views dialogue. It's a blast!Here's a pic of my rig:

Mike Beckwith

What's supposed to happen with "View - link all (toggle)"?Nothing happens here. Are we talking FSX?

View - link all (toggle) is a key assignment you can make to link your VC views (in a multi monitor setup) so that they will all pan together with the pan input command (joystick hat switch or Space + mouse axes).

Mike Beckwith

Users of multiple monitors should be aware that ANY monitor should be placed so that its surface is square to the user's line of sight. That means that secondary or left /right monitors need to be angled toward the viewer- typically at around 40