Sign in to follow this  
fbsammy

non-english win7 - no speech recognition

Hi,Just downloaded the Jetstream and found out after installing I have no speech recognition on my Dutch Win 7 64-bit Home Premium.[Translated] message: "Windows Speech recognition is not available for your language."Its probably something I have to install manually, but if someone here knows how to install or setup an english version I would be grateful if you can share the knowledge.Greetings,E WijngaardenEdit: I found this in the Maddog Forum:You can only install the English language pack if using Win 7 Ultimate.Only option is: Upgrade to Ultimate, or get an English version of Win 7 Home/Pro, use XP or try Vistalizator:http://www.froggie.sk/download.htmlBest,BryanLimited options for me then, I will not upgrade to Ultimate, I don't have XP, only Vistalizar might help then..Bryan, please update the product specs, its not clear enough that an English version of WIN 7 [Premium] is required, and only Ultimate or above supports multiple languages.•Windows Speech Recognition language setting must be set to English if using XP or English - US if using Vista or Win 7.

Vistalizar might help then..
And I can confirm that Visulizar works!Still, I was not amused to find out in the manual that only English Win 7 is directly supported. it would be better to mention it before purchase.Greetings,Ericnow off to some flying!

And I can confirm that Visulizar works!Still, I was not amused to find out in the manual that only English Win 7 is directly supported. it would be better to mention it before purchase.Greetings,Ericnow off to some flying!
Hello Eric,Glad you're up and running, but have have to disagree with the English statement.It's clearly written in the requirements on the sales page on the website (last line).Requirements: * PMDG JETSTREAM J-41. Aircraft not included. * Flight Simulator X. * Win XP, Vista, Windows 7. * Microphone and/or Headset. * Windows Speech Recognition language setting must be set to English if using XP or English - US if using Vista or Win 7. No worries, though, important thing is you're up and running.Best,

No worries, though, important thing is you're up and running.
And "up and running" I am. Big grin here,Great product for a great plane! Thanks!!

Hi!I have a new computer, now I'm running a win7 home premium system (hungarian). Than I have to use the Visulizar? It changes only the language of the speech recognition right? Nothing else rigth?Thanks!

Hi!I have a new computer, now I'm running a win7 home premium system (hungarian). Than I have to use the Visulizar? It changes only the language of the speech recognition right? Nothing else rigth?Thanks!
Hi Sandor,I think it changes your whole OS.Cheers,

Hi!I've checked. It is indeed change my whole system to english. And I'm not so convienced to do with an unofficial program.....If I upgrade my home premium to professional than it should work right? In professional I can choose the english speech recognition beside I have a "hungarian" display" language?Thanks!

Hi!I've checked. It is indeed change my whole system to english. And I'm not so convienced to do with an unofficial program.....If I upgrade my home premium to professional than it should work right? In professional I can choose the english speech recognition beside I have a "hungarian" display" language?Thanks!
I think you need 'Ultimate'.And I see by your signature you're a developer.A lot of developers from non-Anglo countries will actually use an American version of their O/S because it makes things simpler with regards to updates, etc.I'd personally just get the American version of Home Premium.Cheers,