Sign in to follow this  
Serge

Prop Syncro - FO's Duties

According to the AOM (Ch 8.6 page 5) Prop Syncro should be off for take off and landing. The FO ensures this switch is off during the pre-flight prep and as part of the after takeoff flow the FO will turn it on however the FO does not turn it off during the approach prior to landing. Is it my responsibility to turn the Prop Synco off prior to landing?What's strange is that I cannot find the task to turn it off prior to landing in the checklists so it is either missing, I'm blind or the AOM is incorrect.Anyone know the answer?Cheers,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

According to the AOM (Ch 8.6 page 5) Prop Syncro should be off for take off and landing. The FO ensures this switch is off during the pre-flight prep and as part of the after takeoff flow the FO will turn it on however the FO does not turn it off during the approach prior to landing. Is it my responsibility to turn the Prop Synco off prior to landing?What's strange is that I cannot find the task to turn it off prior to landing in the checklists so it is either missing, I'm blind or the AOM is incorrect.Anyone know the answer?Cheers,Serge
Hi Serge,I'll double check with Robert Randazzo as to the specific point Prop Synco gets turn 'off', and who generally does it.Cheers,

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Naturally I would defer to RSR, but to the best of my recollection, once engaged, the props remain synchronized until the Condition Levers are adjusted. Depending on considerations like crossing restrictions, etc., the condition levers would be moved to FLIGHT at some point late in the descent (or early in the approach), or during the Landing Check at the latest. I don't have any explicit memory of who performs the function, but since the PNF manipulates the Condition Levers, I would imagine that he would also disengage the Prop Sync just before doing so.

Naturally I would defer to RSR, but to the best of my recollection, once engaged, the props remain synchronized until the Condition Levers are adjusted. Depending on considerations like crossing restrictions, etc., the condition levers would be moved to FLIGHT at some point late in the descent (or early in the approach), or during the Landing Check at the latest. I don't have any explicit memory of who performs the function, but since the PNF manipulates the Condition Levers, I would imagine that he would also disengage the Prop Sync just before doing so.
Thanks for the responses.So it sounds like that when I call "Condition Levers Flight" on final approach, the FO should turn off the Prop Synco before he moves the Conditions Levers to Flight. If this is the case then I'll turn it off prior to calling Condition Levers Flight however is this something that you can program in for a future patch Bryan? Not a biggie though.Cheers,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Thanks for the responses.So it sounds like that when I call "Condition Levers Flight" on final approach, the FO should turn off the Prop Synco before he moves the Conditions Levers to Flight. If this is the case then I'll turn it off prior to calling Condition Levers Flight however is this something that you can program in for a future patch Bryan? Not a biggie though.Cheers,Serge
I just heard back from RSR regarding this.And I just made the fix. Click the link below:FS2Crew Version 1.02 Info

I just heard back from RSR regarding this.And I just made the fix. Click the link below:FS2Crew Version 1.02 Info
Wow, that was quick.Cheers,Serge