Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

Airports.txt FMS Error - Anyone ever seen this error before?

Not sure if this really is an RC4 or FSX error. I noticed this error just started displaying upon installing RC43 with the latest version of makerrwys.exe. I searched the RC forum and did not see this previosuly mentioned/posted.Anyone have any ideas what may be causing it and how to resolve?Regards,Bob L

Bob Lyddy

FSLabs QA Manager

Not RC. I don't have FSX but FS9. I am not away of a file called airports.txt as a native FS file. In addition make sure your FSUIPC is also up to date (FSUIPC4 4.60) with the links above in case that is involved. FMS usually stands for Flight Management System in Airbus systems also referred to as FMC in Boeing terminology. Do you have as an aircraft type that uses an FMS that uses an airports.txt file as part of its database that is set as your default aircraft?A file called airports.txt is used for AI flight plan creation but this is usually not done on the fly.In general if you are running VISTA or Win 7, be sure FS and all add-ons are set to run as an admin so there is no security based file access conflict. You should also be logged in as an admin.I suggest taking this to the FSX forum here.